Extension number and emergency number is the same

hey,
I’ve got the problem, that my extension number 112 is the same like our national emergency number, so if I call 112, the extension 112 is ringing, but on my display it shows me “emergency call”…
if I want to call outside of my company I have to dial “0” before the phonenumber, so
I tried to edit the setting “keyboard_lock_emergency” to “0111 0112 0113” instead of “112 999” but this doesnt change anything…

so right now it’s not possible to call the emergency number…

any ideas what to do?

just found out that I had the correct setting, but I have to restart my phone twice untill the setting is assumed…

It may be a good decision to move your extension range.

In the US we use 911. I wouldn’t ever recommend a 900-999 extension range. It confuses users and has other risks.

The reason these simple numbers exist is so no matter how bad the situation is your brain is trained to hit them. If there was a crisis and someone goes in to autopilot because the universe is imploding they have it burned in to their brain to hit (in your case) 112 and may not be able to grasp the random 0 you added to the front.

This may not a big deal if susie is calling for emergency services because her coworker bob may be having indigestion or a heart attack on the other side of the building but it would come in to play maybe if bob and suzie were a couple and she thinks he is going to die and be gone forever… you never know what stress will shut someone down.