Endpoint Manager will not change basefile for Yealink phones

I have a newly installed system that I am trying to setup the endpoints for and I am having problems with EPM. The basefile edits are not doing anything.

I can click a linked item that I want to change such as this.

But nothing changes. Previous installations have always shown the changed items in red once the change is made. This is like nothing is ever happening.

I have now tried with multiple bowsers and rolled the version back with now change in behavior.

I really need to set these options.

Any recommendations?

Open a bug report at issues.freepbx.org

@tonyclewis i certainly will but simply opening an issue for every little thing is silly.

This is why i post first. This issue is resolved and there is a bug, but not with the basefile edit.

The bug is that i was able to create the template without selecting new style or old style config. so the basefile had no idea how to save things.

Somehow the config style option was not selected for either style. I clicked it to current style and now everything updates.
0_1472588599372_upload-70a596e4-39dd-4fbd-9cfd-5f928035bb4c

OK well if you do not open a ticket for things then they wont ever get fixed. We do not scan forum post for bug reports. That is why we have a public bug tracker.

1 Like

And that’s excellent, and we thank you for it. But, as @tonyclewis said, we really need a ticket open in the bug tracker, so it can actually get fixed. A lot of people just go and open tickets without posting in the forums, and that just causes extra load as we go through them going ‘Ummmm, that’s not a bug, they should have posted in the forums first’.

The point was to post an issue now that we know what the issue is. Because it was human error (me missing the click on the firmware style) that caused it to happen.

And issue created.
http://issues.freepbx.org/browse/FREEPBX-13040

1 Like

Thanks for posting what the underlying issue was and how to fix. This caused me lots of grief yesterday while onsite at one of my clients.

And the issue is fixed! Thanks to the team for working it.