Edit Config Setting on Polycom Phone

I need intercom via feature code *80 to work.

I found the fix for this on the following thread, in the last post :Intercom not working

My question is, is there a way to edit the setting on an idividual phone, since we don’t use a provisioning server and therefore can’t just edit a sip.cfg file?

I simply need to change voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.value="Ring Answer"
to:
voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.value=“info=Auto Answer”

Your help is much appreciated.

So I bought and setup the End Point Manager module, and after provisioning the phones that way, using 4.1.7 firmware, the intercom/paging works as it should.

Obviously, I could have provisioned them by creating/editing the files themselves and setting up my own TFTP server, but I am inexperienced in that area and was short on time.

Note also you could have just updated the database to pass “Ring Answer” instead:

UPDATE paging_autoanswer SET setting=“Alert-Info: info=Ring Answer” WHERE useragent=“Polycom” AND var=“ALERTINFO”;

Though if you’re on a firmware version that isn’t ancient, “info=Auto Answer” should work just fine; that’s been the default for years.

I apologize, but where would I put this

“UPDATE paging_autoanswer SET setting=“Alert-Info: info=Ring Answer” WHERE useragent=“Polycom” AND var=“ALERTINFO”;”?