Dial Patterns & Manipulation Rules for the UK

I’m having difficulty understanding the “Dialed Number Manipulation Rules” under the TRUNK settings and also dial patterns under OUTBOUND RULES

What goes in between my stars below for calling numbers in the UK in the trunk settings. I’m calling from a number that looks like this 020-xxx-xxxxx and I need to be able to call all UK land-line and mobiles.

(prepend) + prefix | match pattern

Dial Rules Wizard: (pick one)
Outbound Dial Prefix: 9

What do i need to add to the OUTBOUND RULES section, again I'm calling from a number that looks like this 020-xxx-xxxxx and I need to be able to call all UK land-line and mobiles.

- What goes under the OUTBOUND RULES settings below

"Dial Patterns that will use this Route"

(*prepend*) + *prefix* |[ *match pattern* / Callerid]
Dial Patterns Wizards: (pick one)

Can someone let me know before I kick my server up and down the street!

The way to think about it is to add digits in the trunk and strip them in the outbound route. So if you have a dial prefix, remove it in the outbound route.

You can add digits in the outbound route also so it really is just a personal choice.

Think of it as a second stage of digit manipulation if your logic requires it.

Hover over the blue question mark for all the variables you can use. The simplest route would be a 9 in the prefix and a “.” in the match pattern. That would strip the 9 and match anything you dialed passing it to the trunk as dialed.