Config trunks in file

Hi.

I need to add a new trunk to an asterisk server and use it to make calls but I cant edit the configurations in freepbx gui.

What files I have to edit to create a new trunk and use this trunk to make the calls? I assume there is some custom file.

Can someone help me?

Thanks

In the years I have been reading these forums, these are the kinds of questions that confuse me. If one is using FreePBX, you can easily add a trunk, unless things are broken badly.

Surely you have under Connectivity, Trunks is in the list in your FreePBX system?

Click Trunks and you should see a whole list of Add a Trunk.

… and you can add a trunk!

Or… http://bfy.tw/121Z

As an FYI, I uploaded some images and when I clicked on the images, server not found, was the reply. I tried both png and jpeg. I can see the images in the edit preview window, FYI, but not in the post

The Freepbx is not working correctly for some reason.
We try to change the settings but the Freepbx dont save it. If we reload the configs are the same before we made the changes.

Until we can fix it, or we can reinstall the all system we need to change the trunks. The voip service we are using will be closed and we need to change so we can make calls.

I already try to search in google but I can’t find any result that explains what I need.

The whole point of FreePBX is to reduce the need for hand-editing the Asterisk config files, isn’t it? You could start helping to understand the issue, from sharing your FreePBX & Asterisk version, list modules installed, do you use the distro or install on a non-shmooze system (and which one)…
Also there is the Schmooze/Sangoma/FreePBX wiki, which probably has the answer to the question, which files are NOT touched by the FreePBX when reloaded.

The files that are modified by Freepbx have a note saying that.
My problem is not to know what files are being modified when reload but know which file I need to change to accomplish what I need so then I can focus on the other problems.

Since FreePBX usually gives the user-editable files a _custom suffix, if you know which file to add the trunk to and how (on mine it is /etc/asterisk/sip-*.conf) look for one(s) with _custom suffix (

/etc/asterisk # ls -l sip*.conf
-rwxrwxr-x  1 asterisk asterisk 8382 Jul 29 12:25 sip_additional.conf
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 asterisk asterisk   45 May 19  2014 sip.conf -> /var/www/html/admin/modules/core/etc/sip.conf
-rwxrwxr-x  1 asterisk asterisk  261 May 23  2014 sip_custom.conf
-rwxrwxr-x  1 asterisk asterisk    0 May 19  2014 sip_custom_post.conf
-rwxrwxr-x  1 asterisk asterisk 1599 Jul 29 12:25 sip_general_additional.conf
-rwxrwxr-x  1 asterisk asterisk    0 May 19  2014 sip_general_custom.conf
-rwxrwxr-x  1 asterisk asterisk    0 May 19  2014 sip_nat.conf
-rwxrwxr-x  1 asterisk asterisk 1238 Jul 29 12:25 sip_notify_additional.conf
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 asterisk asterisk   52 May 19  2014 sip_notify.conf -> /var/www/html/admin/modules/core/etc/sip_notify.conf
-rwxrwxr-x  1 asterisk asterisk    0 May 19  2014 sip_notify_custom.conf
-rwxrwxr-x  1 asterisk asterisk  999 Jul 29 12:25 sip_registrations.conf
-rwxrwxr-x  1 asterisk asterisk    0 May 19  2014 sip_registrations_custom.conf

)
HTH.

I was told to add a trunk is in sip_custom.conf. I just need to know where to add trunk to route.

@NelsonPaiva did you ever get this working, I have the same problem.

If you somehow can’t add the config in freepbx Connectivity>Trunks as stated in the first comment then it’s easiest to either go to Admin>Config Edit and edit the custom file for the type of trunk you want (SIP, IAX, etc).
Or SSH into your pbx and access the config in /etc/asterisk/sip.conf or /etc/asterisk/iax.conf, etc.

No.
Our FreePBX system has errors and limitations, like this one, that we choose to install a new one.