Commercial EPM - Polycom Baseline Edits

Greetings,

Since the OSS EPM is no longer usable. I purchased a license for the new EPM for testing and I have some questions.

I have been using Polycom phones for 7 years now, and I have my own config file structure that I am used to and do not want to try and manually add into the stock config files one line at a time. The default polycom config files that come preloaded in EPM are filled with so much extra stuff that is not needed in my deployments and I would like to throw most of it out and “Import” what I have developed over the years.

Also the Polycom template editor is extremely basic on really only allows you to change the 12 line keys on my VVX400. I assume this is a work in progress since the EPM supports so many models of phones.

Unless I am not using the software correctly, the only way I see to make changes to the config files (adding EFKs, Buddy List, disabling DND, etc) is to literally add them one line at a time using the GUI. That just is not feasible and would take weeks to do.

Please tell me it’s possible to do bulk edits to the baseline template files. I am not afraid of getting my hands dirty, but this is definitely a deal breaker if it is not possible.

Hopefully I am just not understanding the software fully and maybe someone can point me in the right direction?

Thanks for your time!

No EPM is all designed to be around the GUI and if you want to do advanced things you go into basefile and do it. Once done you can duplicate your templates if you want but your stance of so much things in the configs not needed… Its a full config based on what Polycom sets as examples and yes includes lots of things.

Tony,

Thanks for your reply. Not what I was hoping to hear, but it is what it is I guess. Staring in 4.0 polycom firmware, you are only required to put things you wish to change/enable/disable in the config files, everything else defaults to their normal values, which I am sure you are aware. So that is where I was coming from in that regard.

Well hopefully down the line, you guys can incorporate a bulk edit for those who would rather use their own configs. In it’s current state, it’s a huge time sink to edit baseline and may deter some users such as myself. I would rather deal with the errors on OSS EPM and be able to easily change my configs from install to install, than spend the extra days/weeks building a template in C.EPM from scratch… but that’s just me.

Are there any plans to increase the template options for polycom phones? I’m sure you are sick of hearing it, but OSS EPM has way more options to configure polycoms than the C.EPM in it’s current state.

Thanks again.

Nope no plans of changing things as we are 100% DB driven and basefile will let you change anything you want. Our goal is not to replicate a phone GUI with every option that 99% users never touch and have no clue what any of it means.

Is there a spot to make feature requests?

Polycom users need to be able to add Buddy’s which function differently than attendants… they both have their pros and cons but are a very basic BLF version of attendants.

I see in the polycom template we can add attendants but not buddy’s.

Edit: Another nice addition to the polycom softkey template area would be additional use options. Currently only active and idle are available, but each sofkey has several additional options, which are very useful.

softkey.5.action="!intercom1" 
softkey.5.enable="1" 
softkey.5.label="Intercom" 
softkey.5.precede="0" 
softkey.5.use.active="0" 
softkey.5.use.alerting="0" 
softkey.5.use.dialtone="0" 
softkey.5.use.hold="0" 
softkey.5.use.idle="1" 
softkey.5.use.proceeding="0" 
softkey.5.use.setup="0" 

Also, I read users can override some phone settings via the UCP, but I do not see that option when logging in?

Thanks.