Cannot Transfer incoming call back out to centrex line

I have freepbx running and working great besides. When a call comes in (centrex line) we want to transfer the call back out to another centrex line in another building. Reason for transfer customer is wanting to speak with sombody else in a differnet building. We do not have called id enabled on these centrex lines so all call come in unknown.

Any Help would be great,

Here is the output of asterisk -rvvvvvvvvvvv

That’s a little complicated, you will need to use the asterisk flash() command but there is a difference in duration between a centrex “flash” and a regular one, you might a short about 100 ms for centrex rather then the default, you will then need to set that in your dahdi config, then set up a “feature” code to call it , (setup your [featuremap] and [applicationmap] in features.conf).

I think i may have said the issue wrong. Customer 1 calls in the office and the call is answered. Customer 1 actually called the wrong office and the office says one sec i will transfer you. When she/he pushed transfer on the phone or ## then input either 96184654545 or 4545 then poush transfer the called is never transfered

You can’t use the transfer button or in-call ## to access Centrex functionality (well, not without a major rewrite of some core code ) . You have to “flash” the Centrex line to dial any Centrex feature. I told you it would be “a little complicated” If you want to get the weather in Alton, IL you could try PIAF , it has an app to do that :wink:

lol. So do i have to create like a feature like feature 8 or *8 and create a custome ext like this.
I want the voice prompt to be like when they dial the *8 or whatever to be like if they pushed *2 and the voice prompt to say transfer then they dial the number it does the flash() then it transfers after they push the # or transfer button.

There is not much of any documents online to show that somebody has got this to work. I dont want to create a cust dest for every centrex in the whole city

custom-call_cell, 17064559999,1

[custom-call_cell]
exten => X.,1,Playback(transfer)
exten => X.,n,Flash()
exten => X.,n,senddtmf(${EXTEN})
exten => X.,n,Hangup()

Then create a custom app to do this

custom-centrex-tz,s,1

I would suggest you create a featurecode and an associated application maybe even #9 to replicate Centrex like dial patterns (you don’t want to trigger that while calling your bank automated teller it your pin code has a nine in it, so choose a appropriate feature code, so definitely use * or # first) , that will return a centrex dialtone because the associated application should just “flash” the Centrex line with appropriate timing if you are on a centrex trunk, that’s all, (nothing will happen on a regular voip call, flash is ignored) , you are now “escaped” into Centrex just like the good old days, then just dial any centrex code that works, transfer, voicemail, whatever. ${EXTEN} would likely not work, think about it! , it would be up to you to choose a Centrex station or 901144891200851 for weather in London, a threeway conference etc . . …

(I thought I already said all that in fewer words :slight_smile: )

So i got this so far and it appears to work. I am not in the building at this time so what i did to test it is to set the inbound route to the misc dest to *3500 which is the last four of the phone number.

[custom-centrex-tz]
; Transfer call via Centrex
exten => s,1,Playback(pls-hold-while-try)
exten => s,2,Flash()
exten => s,3,SendDTMF(1231234)
exten => s,4,Hangup()

I dont want to create a misc dest for every centrex line that we have (there is like 20 centrex lines) 1 1/2 years to go and we will switch to a PRI. So what I am trying to do is have like *9 trigger the flash and then it prompts the user to say like transfer (just like a regualr transfer) but they can dial the ext then it transfers.

So like this

[custom-centrex-tz]
exten => s,1,Playback(transfer) only heard on our side
exten => s,2 (Then here we put in the number) Like as variable
exten => s,2 Flash()
exten => s 4, variable is here
exten => s,2,Playback(pls-hold-while-try)
exten => s,5,Hangup()

I am not sure if i worded this correctly lol
:smile:

Also since we have 12 cetrex lines is there a way to change the 750ms to 100ms in the dadhi config

As I said before your applicationmap just needs to call flash() when you dial your code “in-call” and you can just dial the third party number and hangup, it is just like you are in Centrex. call it again if needed after a supervised transfer or whenever necessary.

As to flash length:-

http://doxygen.asterisk.org/trunk/chan_dahdi.conf.html

If you are using the Schmooze dahdi helper, I don’t know if it supports that parameter, but you can safely disable that module and your changes wont be overwritten anymore. You will generally need to stop asterisk. then restart dahdi and start asterisk again for such changes to be apparent

So i tried this and it dont work. When i transfer the call to *8 it just dangs up and the other end gets disconnected

[custom-centrex-tz]
exten => s,1,Flash()

I guess you just aren’t getting it :slight_smile: , no custom contexts needed just an in-call feature and associated application (in this case the application would be flash)

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+config+features.conf

ok so i created *3in the misc application menu . I dont understand what you mean on the appliaction to use flash they is not where to tell it to flash(). I am a blonde so bare with me hahahahaha :smile:

Sorry, but you can’t do what you need to do in the gui.

I think i may have said the issue wrong. Customer 1 calls in the office
and the call is answered. Customer 1 actually called the wrong office and
the office says one sec i will transfer you. When she/he pushed transfer on
the phone or ## then input either 96184654545 or 4545 then poush transfer
the called is never transfered