Can two PBX co-exist in one subdomain?

I have two raspberry pi running raspbx (FreePBX 2.11.0.38) on the same subnet, local calls work OK on both pbx but I get an ‘all circuits busy’ message on trunk calls. Is it possible to have two pbx’s on one subnet?

If so do I need more than a trunk, incomming and outgoing route configured for each pbx?

Thanks

Yes you can but you probably can’t use the same vsp trunk account on both of them at the same time if you behind a PNAT/router box and you can’t use udp/5060 on both either.

My reply via email to list didn’t work so reposting here.

Thanks dicko for your very prompt reply, I now suspect I have misunderstood something other than the question I’ve asked!

I should say at this point the test rig I have set up is intended only as a teaching aid for myself and a fellow hobbyist as reading documentation alone while helpful is often not enough, at least for this aged amateur.

Having read the many security warnings I thought it might be a good idea to do much of my testing safely behind a firewall but that involved at least two assumptions. My ‘known unknowns’ :slight_smile:

1.That I could use Asterisk/freePBX as my own VSP.
2.To keep it simple I could run two PBX on one sub net.

You have kindly answered the question I did ask and further reading on my part should resolve the ‘All circuits busy’ message provided my other assumptions are true.

Therefore can you tell me if I can use my PBX as VSP’s?

Thanks again

You can, but to be quite honest, Asterisk is a BackToBack SIP user-agent, so by almost every requirement of a true VSP it will not be ultimately acceptable by either yourself or your clients. It is JUST a PBX, and a very good one. You need to explore the world of SIP proxies, you will be amazed by how isolating tasks to appropriate agents will make your experience in SIP/VOIP (not quite the same thing) so much more illuminating and ultimately satisfying.

Thanks dicko I’ll go away and read for a while on SIP Proxies but if I may, a general question about FreePBX.

I choose FreePBX in the first place because i considered it easier to configure than native Asterisk and I still believe that to be true.

However I still want to learn to configure Asterisk from first principles and I suspect FreePBX does not use conventional Asterisk config files.

Can FreePBX config files be used as an aid to learn native Asterisk configuration?

Thanks dicko for your very prompt reply, I now suspect I have
misunderstood something other than the question I’ve asked!

I should say at this point the test rig I have set up is intended only
as a teaching aid for myself and a fellow hobbyist as reading
documentation alone while helpful is often not enough, at least for this
aged amateur.

Having read the many security warnings I thought it might be a good idea
to do much of my testing safely behind a firewall but that involved at
least two assumptions. My ‘known unknowns’ :slight_smile:

1.That I could use Asterisk/freePBX as my own VSP.
 2.To keep it simple I could run two PBX on one sub net.

You have kindly answered the question I did ask and further reading on
my part should resolve the ‘All circuits busy’ message provided my other
assumptions are true.

Therefore can you tell me if I can use my PBX as VSP’s?

Thanks again