BLF state is not appearing for Queue Login/Logoff and Pause

Inside EPM I’m using this to login and out of Queue 600

*45__line1ext___600

*46__line1ext___600

for Login/Logoff and Pause

show core hints displays

_*45XXX*XXX@ext-queu: Custom:QUEUE${EXTEN:  State:Unavailable     Presence:                Watchers  0
    _*46*XXX*600@ext-que: Queue:${EXTEN:8}_pau  State:Unavailable     Presence:                Watchers  0

I’m testing on three different brands: Sangoma, Mitel and Obihai and neither are indicating any change in status when used. The Sangoma and Mitel are unlit all the time and the Obihai is amber and never goes green.

I’m not sure how to have the state display on the BLF button. Using FreePBX 13 Distro 10.13.66-17

On the queue configuration page I couldn’t find “generate device hints” which most forum posts say to enable. I thought i checked all the tabs in the queue page but I must be missing something.

When i press the BLF buttons I do hear the proper agent logged on, logged off and agent paused.

Looks like you are missing an asterisk in the button definition:

*45*__line1ext__*600

Thank you Lorne. With your help i found my issue. I had one to to many underscores in the last part of the statements. Also i noticed the none of the phones were adding the line1 extension number to the BLF button. It was still allowing users to login/out and pause. I capitalized the E in Ext and now everything working normally.

Thank you again for all your assistance.

1 Like

I’ve noticed that the login/logout button is working fine, but the pause state BLF doesn’t change status. It pauses and un-pauses the agent but there isn’t any visual indication of the users pause state.

In EPM i assigned the buttons

*46*5331
*46*600
*46*5331*600

For extension 5331 in queue 600

The first one is the only one that lights up inactive but never goes active. The rest don’t light up at all. When logged into a queue they all pause and un-pause from the queue but never indicate this on the button.

*46*5331@ext-queues :                       State:Unavailable     Presence:not_set         Watchers  2
_*46*XXXX*600@ext-qu: Queue:${EXTEN:4:4}_p  State:Unavailable     Presence:                Watchers  0
_*46*X.@ext-queues  : ${DB(AMPUSER/${EXTEN  State:Unavailable     Presence:                Watchers  0
*46*5331*600@ext-que: Queue:5331_pause_Loc  State:Unavailable     Presence:not_set         Watchers  2
*46*600@ext-queues  :                       State:Unavailable     Presence:not_set         Watchers  5

I updated all modules last night and today I have the same problem with pause buttons not lighting up.

Did anyone come up with a resolution to this issue? I have a client using queues now reporting the same thing, the pause button works, but there is no longer a working light showing if they are paused or not…

I still have the issue, the system was fine until a update, right now they see the correct state via the fop2 screen. I do not use EPM so that didn’t change anything on the phones.

Gary.

The edge version of queues 13.0.32.8 now supports pause indicators on the BLF lights
Be sure and subscribe to the BLF using
*46*extension*queue

http://issues.freepbx.org/browse/FREEPBX-14132

1 Like

Do you think there are any serious issues with running the edge release? As for sure I don’t want to break working queues over the lights. I guess while I have your ear, any idea when this will be pushed to stable?

Thanks…

Risk is very low, but you can always roll back. To get the current version:

fwconsole ma list | grep queues

to upgrade to edge:

fwconsole ma --edge upgrade queues

to roll back:

fwconsole ma download queues --tag x.x.x
fwconsole ma install queues

substitute the version number you got originally in place of the x’s

1 Like

I’ve been running it for a week already without any issue.

Thanks for the info…

1 Like

Doesn’t this need to be:

*45*__line1ext__*600

with a * before the __ for the variable?

As that is how I had all my templates setup, and for example where I have queue 101 setup, looking at the hints in Asterisk I see:

*45*1637@ext-queues

in the hint for the extension, so assumed I needed the * in front of the extension as well??

I am trying to setup queue login/logout and also pause on/off buttons, and want to make sure I use the format that FPBX/Asterisk is expecting…

^^^^ Mentioned earlier is the correct way.

1 Like

Hi, I’m a new member,
I still have this problem in FreePBX 13, Asterisk 13.16.0, I’ve upgrade queue module, but State is always Unavailable and BLF key not monitoring state queue. This is my hint queue:

_46XX*200@ext-queu: Queue:200_pause_Loca State:Unavailable Presence: Watchers 0

Please, can you tell me if there is a solution or I have to go to version 14?

Thank you very much! Anyone give me an answer

Queue pause hints have issues (related to my poor testing ability from the last time around). Watch this ticket:

https://issues.freepbx.org/browse/FREEPBX-15350

Thanks, I understand

1 Like