Asterisk Console Dial Bad Echo

Hello Everyone,

I have asterisk installed on a raspberry pi and am using it as an intercom system. Essentialy there is a script on the raspberry pi that waits for a button to be pressed. When a button press has been detected the script executes an asterisk console dial to ring group on my companys FreePBX server, which in turn calls every phone in the building. All of that works great (even have a feature code that trips the door lock) but the biggest problem that I have right now is echo on the intercom side. I’ve googled my brains out today and the best I can come up with is that asterisk needs to ignore audio from its own speaker. I think using half duplex on the console would resolve this but I have no idea how to do this.

This one’s above my head, I just wanted to be the first one to say COOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!! . This sounds really creative and I’m impressed :smiley:

Is this a microphone too close to speaker problem, an echo-y room problem, or both?

From what I can tell its a “microphone to close to the speaker kind of problem” but with delay, I think it may actually be related to the hardware I am using (usb sound card for audio in and RPi for audio out).