Asterisk can't find any audio files for IVR, Phonebook, voicemail

Hi,

I’ve recently upgraded to 2.5.0rc1.1 but I’m not completely sure that this is what has caused the problem since no-one else has reported anything similar.

I’ve noticed that IVR, Phonebook and voicemail prompts are not working anymore. For example when I dial *98 to access VM I hear no prompts from asterisk. Looking in the log i get
[Aug 18 15:54:32] VERBOSE[4178] logger.c: – Executing [*98@from-internal:4] Read(“SIP/8888-098b3b08”, “MAILBOX|vm-login|||3|2”) in new stack
[Aug 18 15:54:32] WARNING[4178] file.c: File vm-login does not exist in any format

I see similar problem when incoming call goes to IVR but caller doesn’t hear the ivr greeting

[Aug 18 16:05:40] VERBOSE[4213] logger.c: – Executing [s@ivr-2:11] ExecIf(“mISDN/1-u1”, “1|Background|custom/general-ivr-2”) in new stack
[Aug 18 16:05:40] WARNING[4213] file.c: File custom/general-ivr-2 does not exist in any format
[Aug 18 16:05:40] WARNING[4213] file.c: Unable to open custom/general-ivr-2 (format 0x8 (alaw)): No such file or directory

Same problem when dialling 411 to access phonebook
[Aug 18 15:47:43] WARNING[4107] file.c: File pbdirectory/first-three-letters-entry does not exist in any format
[Aug 18 15:47:43] WARNING[4107] file.c: Unable to open pbdirectory/first-three-letters-entry (format 0x8 (alaw)): No such file or directory

The above files do exist and are as follows:

-rwxrwxrwx 1 asterisk asterisk 18484 2007-12-24 08:42 /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/vm-login.alaw
-rw-rw-r-- 1 asterisk asterisk 113164 2007-12-30 10:20 /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/custom/general-ivr-2.wav
-rwxrwxrwx 1 asterisk asterisk 59052 2007-10-02 08:07 /var/www/html/admin/modules/pbdirectory/sounds/pbdirectory/first-three-letters-entry.sln

asterisk.conf is as follows:

[directories]
astetcdir => /etc/asterisk
astmoddir => /usr/lib/asterisk/modules
astvarlibdir => /var/lib/asterisk
astagidir => /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin
astspooldir => /var/spool/asterisk
astrundir => /var/run/asterisk
astlogdir => /var/log/asterisk

[options]
transmit_silence_during_record = yes

It seems that asterisk now doesn’t know where to find these files. This was all working fine prior to upgrade but I’ve tried rolling back to prev version and same problem. It’s probably something really dumb that I’ve inadvertantly done but I’m stumped

Regards,

do an ‘amportal chown_asterisk’ to make sure all four permissions and ownership is set at all levels of the directory structure required.

thanks for the help it is all good now

Regards,

Could you explain with more detail how and when to do that ‘amportal chown_asterisk’?
Thanks in advance

Hi,

It’s an option (see all options below) for the amportal script to set appropriate ownerships

command would be amportal chown asterisk (assuming asterisk is the user)

[root@orangetree ~]# amportal -h

-------------FreePBX Control Script-----------------------------------------------

Usage: amportal start|stop|restart|start_fop|stop_fop|restart_fop|kill|chown

start: Starts Asterisk and Flash Operator Panel server if enabled
stop: Gracefully stops Asterisk and the FOP server
restart: Stop and Starts
start_fop: Starts FOP server and Asterisk if not running
stop_fop: Stops FOP serverg
restart_fop: Stops FOP server and Starts it and Asterisk if not running
kill: Kills Asterisk and the FOP server
chown: Sets appropriate permissions on files