Yum Transaction Check Error

I’m currently running Freepbx distro (14) and I can’t seem to get past the following error when I run yum update:

Transaction check error:
file /boot/efi/EFI/centos from install of grub2-efi-x64-1:2.02-0.76.el7.centos.1.x86_64 conflicts with file from package grub2-common-1:2.02-0.65.el7.centos.2.noarch

I’ve run yum clean several times and I can’t seem to get past it. Any advice would be appreciated.

@Smurfturf,

I hope the below link might help you to resolve the above error.

Thank you for that link. I think that’s exactly what’s happening. The downside is that this system is using uefi boot, so some of the recommended things to try won’t work. I did run yum upgrade grub2 firewalld and it did install some additional modules, but it still ends up with the same transaction error when I run the full yum update. I’ve also tried to run yum update grub2-common by itself and it won’t install. I’ve also tried yum install fwupdate-efi. I can’t seem to get around this dependency, and where this is a production system, I don’t want to be too aggressive. Let me know if you have any other thoughts.

Unfortunately this is an upstream issue from red hat. We get our repo from CentOS and they get it from red hat. So for issues like these there’s very little the freepbx team can do about them.

The red hat ticket above has several solutions listed. I’d try each those.

I tried those and unfortunately, they aren’t working with Sangoma OS 7. I’ll keep searching for other resolutions.

Sangoma OS 7 IS Red Hat. So please post the errors you are getting here

Here’s what I did to finally get it to work. This method was a little aggressive, so I made sure my backup was updated and ready to go before I did this. I ran:
sudo rpm -e -vv --allmatches --nodeps --noscripts --notriggers grub2-common

I still had some issues, so I ran:
sudo rpm -e -vv --allmatches --nodeps --noscripts --notriggers grub2-efi

I then ran yum install grub2-efi

This installed both modules and now I’ve been able to run the general yum update command and have everything working correctly.

Have you rebooted?

I have rebooted and everything booted up perfectly. I was worried that grub2-efi would have caused issues removing it like I did, but apparently removing it and installing it again before you reboot doesn’t cause issues. At least in my instance.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.