Yealink T46s provisioning loop on firmware 66.86.0.15

I was messing around in Endpoint Manager and I uprgraded my T46s template to firmware 66.86.0.15. After that, the phone would just be stuck with a rapid flashing red led and it wouldn’t configure itself. I’ve tried a factory reset and same issue.

I reverted back to the previous firmware 66.85.0.5 in Endpoint Manager and I installed it manually on my phone (since it couldn’t provision itself). After that, everything was fine.

Anyone else has seen this issue ? I didn’t try any other phone models.

Yealink has a release notes for V86 found here: https://support.yealink.com/en/portal/docDetail?documentCode=bdfb6bce58c91a12

Looks like you are doing it correctly. I mostly have T5X models and everything has went well.

Yeah I already checked the release notes and I didn’t find anything. I will test on one of our T54w to see if it works.

I have no issues with a T46S on that firmware. That site does not use EPM, but it does still use authenticated http provisioning.
This is the main operator’s phone.

Small site, so I maintain the phone configs manually with a private git repo.
Looks like I have been using that firmware version for 3 months now.

All right thanks for the information
I’ll do more testing

I tested with a few phones today, and they upgraded without issues. I’m needing to test my T46S with EXP40s, as I know I had issues with the BLF keys not working correctly when moving to the 66.84 version. They released a specific version that fixed the issue, and that is what I have been running for a while.

I’ll post if any of them have issues. So far, I’ve upgraded about 3 T41S phones and a couple of T46S and no issues. They just upgraded from 66.84 to 66.86.

Chris

84 to 86 should be fine according to the release notes. It is 86.0.5 that was unable to upgrade to 86.0.26 (or whatever) directly. It had to go through an intermediate upgrade.

That version was never in EPM, so I do it expect a problem.

I did download the 86.0.33 that EPM has from a system with it, and have been using it on my T54W without issue.

But the 86.0.26 upgrade did say you could not downgrade past it ever again. I haven’t tested that either.

If it matters, I just used the firmware that Sangoma is providing via endpoint manager for the 66.86 (version 66.86.0.15). My previous one was from Yealink, and checking Yealinks website, I show 88.86.0.15 as the latest on their website at this time.
Yealink Support

What is funny is when we had issues with the BLF keys not working on 66.84 firmware, it sounded like they have 3 different tiers of firmware that was running. I figured it was all cumulative, but the Yealink support tech I talked to told me they have different versions.

Either case, I’m happy to report that the test phones I’ve put it on are not having any issues. The BLF keys are working, even on the EXP40. Hopefully, this will also help with some of our bluetooth interference issues that we’ve had on occasion.

Chris

Well, found my first glitch with this firmware. When using the XML modules, specifically the Parking function, it is adding *564 after using the button.

Since this is hitting against the PBX, wondering if the previous firmware required a *564, but now the newer (66.86.0.15) doesn’t require it?

Curious if anyone else has ran into this issue.

Chris

Ok, more clarification, it seems to be stripping off or not getting all the transfer number. In my case, *5 = Blind Transfer. The next digits are the first 2 digits of the Parking pool. On the previous firmware, it works fine. But on 66.86.0.15, it seems to be dropping the last two.

If anyone has suggestions, I would appreciate it.

Chris

For what it’s worth, I have three T43U that on the latest 108.68.0.20 stopped being able to send DTMF tones to the server only when on internal server calls that involve dialing a * first - so like the echo test at *43, blacklist module *32, etc. - once on those calls the server never hears the phone press digits anymore. Oddly enough, it works fine on normal internal and external calls, and this didn’t really happen until the latest firmware best I could tell; I’ve opened a bug with Yealink and am asking them to look into it with me. Maybe I’m missing something, but I think it may simply be a firmware issue in my case.

I also spoke with Yealink recently and he said they had what sounds like major business revisions of the firmware posted to the support website, but there are also minor tech revisions that will have some extra bugs fixed here and there between. I don’t yet know where to find these other revisions but I am asking.

I’m not sure if that is related, but *5 just made me think I should mention what I’m working through in case that it is.

Thanks for the reply. I’ve went ahead and opened a ticket with Yealink. I’m betting there is a known issue and they will have an updated firmware, similar to the last time where I had issues with the BLF keys.

Chris

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.