Yealink Park Call Button stopped working correctly on FreePBX 10.33

Hi @woogieboogie. I finally had a chance to test this…Snow day in the northeast! Using Yealink Key Event Call Park with a value of 70. So the initial call parks fine however I’m unable to park a second call.I get transfer failed and the second call gets put on hold. Again I’m using asterisk 13 and PJSIP so the outcome will probably be different for you. I know its a pita but if you have commercial endpoint I would try to factory reset the phones and use network scan (If the phones are local) and extention mapping to autoprovison the phones with the asterisk built in park function (##70#).

Also noticed a new Yealink FIrmware was just released. Haven’t had a chance to test yet.

http://download.support.yealink.com/download?path=upload%2Fattachment%2F2017-3-14%2F6%2Ffc9564f0-0200-416d-beae-d0c166922e28%2FYealink_SIP_Phones_Release_Note_Of_Version_V81.pdf

Yea we tried that new v81 firmware, still same problem. we’ve started the tedious process of changing over all the extensions. We cant do a network scan as they are almost all remotely accessed ones. I have a ticket open with Yealink but I don’t know if they’ll make any changes since it still works on non-freepbx installs

Yeah that kinda stinks. The new 81.0.70 firmware was just released today so It may be worth a try.

I did try it on the T48G’s, no difference. Let’s see what Yealink says. It’s always fun getting support from them since their english is sooo bad lol

I have several customers complaining about this same thing. I use SNOM phones though. What they experience is that when one person parks a call, the park LED (70) goes solid and the parking slot (71) blinks. At this point, no one can park another call. I did what was suggested by commenting out the line that contains the “70,hint” and now when I park a call, the park LED (70) does not stay on and I can park more calls. I do not have Park Pro but it was installed, Uninstalling it did nothing. I did not change the park extension. I do have sites that don’t use the default of 70-78 so I am going to look at those next to see if they also have the issue.

Asterisk 11.21.1
Freepbx 13.0.190.19
PBX Version: 10.13.66-8

I have ran into an issue on occasion where the led does not light up on the generating phone when using phone apps. (T46G and 48G) however it’s always worked. The .18 release for freepbx did cause an issue where only ### was dialed instead of ##70#. Going into each extension and submitting with no changes. Fixes it

For anyone that used the .81 firmware did it stop you guys from dialing 911 on sip lines? It did on all 4 pbx’s we tried. Rolled firmware back to .80 and everything worked. I am going to try tomorrow and see if the new release from yesterday causes the same issue.

Does anyone have any input on why this hint was added as part of the extensions_additional.conf file:
exten => 70,hint,park:71@parkedcalls&park:72@parkedcalls&park:73@parkedcalls&park:74@parkedcalls&park:75@parkedcalls&park:7$

Where 70 is the Parking Attendant and 71-78 are the parking slots.
This change which occurred in one of the updates is causing me a lot of issues because it makes my park/orbit button BLF as solid so then if anyone puts someone on hold, no one can park another call!! I have resorted in commenting the line out manually but that is a PITA specially one someone goes in and changes something which then rebuilds the extensions_additional file and then it is broken again.

You are saying that the hint color changes the functionality of the dialplan? That is strange. Seems like a phone issue.

The dialplan and hint are separated.

So under normal circumstances, I make lets say fbutton 3 a Park Orbit with value of 70 (parking attendant)
I would then use buttons 4,5 & 6 as parking slots.
With that hint in place, when anyone parks someone, it makes the button 3 (park orbit button) light up.
That condition as a blf means BUSY. So if I try and park another call, it just does nothing.
If I remove that hint line, then it works as it used to. And the only buttons that light up are the ones that have a call in its slot. I think this was introduced in 10.13.66-1 but I am unsure. It basically renders park unusable. I am using Snom 320’s and 720’s but I think I have seen this on Yealink phones too. In fact, I think it is mentioned in this thread because this is where I found out about commenting out the hint.

If the hint doesn’t monitor slots what else would it monitor.

There is alreaday a hint for each of the parking slots:
exten => 71,hint,park:501@parkedcalls

You are missing my point. You are assigning a blf to a hint that you’ve deleted. This will cause errors on the asterisk cli. Either this should be a hint of some sort or you shouldn’t be using it as a blf.

Are you referring to the Parking Attendant button (ext 70) or the parking slots (71-78)?
The system has hints for ext 71-78 so I don’t have an issue there.

As for as the parking attendant (ext 70), I never had it illuminate except for when I was actually transferring a call to it (by pressing the button)

If the parking attendant hint condition is intended to flash or be solid when there is someone in any slot then that is something new and is causing issues with Snom and possible Yealink phones at a minimum because from the phone perspective, the extension is busy so the button does nothing.

Historically, when I would program phones, I would program one button as a park orbit button pointed at the parking attendant ext (70 in this case). And then I would program a couple of BLF’s for 71, 72 and so on so that people could see that there was someone holding and to pick that call up.

If I had my way, I would have it so that the user could just have a button for 71, 72 and so on to transfer the call to that slot and be able to pick it up I have tried several combinations but haven’t gotten anything to work.

All our new deployments are using Sangoma phones so we are now using the Parking app but from my legacy customers, this parking has become a problem.

If I remove the parking lot as a hint your phone is treating it like a blf. So it will try to subscribe to a hint that is not a hint and Asterisk will complain. Even if you say this is “right” because you can park the issue is that the phone wants to subscribe to a hint and will be denied.

This leads me to believe the hint should be something.

I’m trying to figure out a way where the hint would be valid to the phone but also let you park. If I change the hint to monitor the parking lot (instead of a slot) then this might work.

I believe if we remove all hint generation from the module but then add “parkinghints=yes” to res_parking.conf it will solve all issues in this thread. Need to investigate

https://issues.freepbx.org/browse/FREEPBX-14632