With the death of Aastra XML scripts, what are you using now?

I swear I looked for them just a week ago and they weren’t listed…

Do you guys have any plans to add Polycom to your list? The VVX series are a hot-selling and very nice line of phones. I would be very interested in EPM+RESTaps.

In my area, a number of vendors have had soundpoinds for years and customers have come to identify polycom as a top brand. Another vendor has been pushing Aastras and have not offered a decent package putting Aastras in the ‘crap’ category regardless of actual quality. I had decent luck with Aastras once I learned to never ever ever update a firmware beyond the one that worked.

I can sell a Polycom twice as often as an Aastra as a result.

The end point manager takes the work out of the Polycom XML, I have templates for park softkey and a few others I can’t recall at the time. I do agree that the XML scripts would be nice, from what I understand from the developers Polycom doesn’t have an API like the Aastra.

The T46G Yealink is a great phone. The name is a challenge but once I do a demo usually can get over that. The VVX are very nice and well received from the customers. Even without XML.

Tony Lewis,
Is it possible to get a demo key for the endpoint manager so i can test/play with? I’m playing around with the polycom module from excaliber, and it works well enough, but is lacking some things like parking on a line key or re-ordering of soft keys. for example, the park soft key is behind the more button twice… features that I can’t just manually add through the browser because they are config-file only features :confused:

Also, do you have any videos of an Aastra 6867 running the apps? I don’t have one of those to play with but I’d like to see it in action…

I’m happy enough to pay for the module if it simplifies my life :slight_smile:

SkykingOH,
The OSS endpoint manager is also highly lacking, not that I expect more from it. Basically no VVX templates.

I agree, the Y46G is a really nice phone, but the name is a tough sell. Wish I could put my own logo in the plexi frame, a sticker over the top would look crappy.

I still have clients that love the Polycom and I prefer not to try to steer someone away from a good product unless I have the alternative in-hand for a demo.

I’m also seeing people mention the EPM at $25? But the site shows $75 (+$125 for REST apps), is this a promo price that is run occasionally or something I could beg for? :wink:

Have you attended OTTS? Are you a Schmooze reseller?

no and no, though I just applied.

I just thought it would be nice since you are asking for freestuff.

We have a whole gamut of schmooze services and licenses and still pay for our own office.

To me, after all we get for free, bothering them to wave $200 fees so you can try something seems to be blunt, petty.

Yes but there are enough suttle differences that things will not work. Go play with a bunch of the apps and you will see.