Why/When did Polcom phone AutoAnswer change again?

So I’ve got:

voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.value="Ring Answer"
voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.class="ringAutoAnswer"
voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.2.value="Alert-Info: Auto Answer"
voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.2.class="ringAutoAnswer"

in a config file for my Polycom phones, because “Ring Answer” used to work, and then it was changed to “Alert-Info: Auto Answer”, and that stopped working a few weeks(?) ago, so now I discovered it’s “info=Auto Answer”

so I added:

voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.4.value="info=Auto Answer"
voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.4.class="ringAutoAnswer"

And now it’s working fine again.

Any idea why/when this changed, and why it ever has to change, given that a change will break all(?) installed Polycom phones?

Thanks!

Talk with Polycom. We only changed it once here ever and that was 3 plus years ago as they required on a firmware to have the info= but as stated that was 3 or 4 years ago we made that change in FreePBX

That’s weird, it was working with “Ring Answer” a few weeks ago, but then it stopped working after a bunch of updates and had to be changed to “info=Auto Answer”.

I see “Ring Answer” is the default, is it possible that FreePBX somehow discovered that my phones are (externally provisioned) Polycom phones?

Thanks!

Nope FreePBX paging knows nothing about your end points and how they are setup.

Are these polynomial phones on pjsip?

Indeed, Polycom phones in pjsip

Paging in pjsip was fundamentaly broken until a few releases back. Which is why you saw the change. It’s been working correctly so it won’t change again.