Why no Sangoma-7 love for Hyper-V?

I am only putting this here so if anyone else tries to use this script, they are not frustrated - It is still a HUGE timesaver but there are a few things it misses:

1. SIP Settings Page - Look at the Old Box - Copy the Settings once the new box is up - Easy.
  2. It doesn’t move /etc/asterisk/voicemail.conf - which means it turns off everyone’s VoiceMail - this can be BAD - Copy the file over manually after the migration.
  3. It doesn’t copy over the custom recordings (announcements and such) - If you look at System Recordings after the move, and go into the individual items, you will see they are all broken - copy over the whole directory.
  4. It doesn’t migrate /etc/asterisk/extensions_custom.conf - since I have code in here, I had to copy this file too!
  5. Endpoint Manager - This is a bummer - but it can be re-created…

For the more Linux-Noobs, if you have both machines on the same subnet, it’s a simple

scp -r root@source_machine:/folder/you/want/to/copy/* /same/destination/folder

and then put in the root password. Make sure if you copy any files this way, you do a fwconsole chown before you submit the new system or you may hit a permissions problem.

That is all I have found so far - I have done 4 Physical-2-Virtual Migrations/Upgrades so far - it works great!

2 Likes