Why do I receive two emails each time someone leaves me a VM

When someone leaves me a voicemail, I get to emails. First from Asterisk just notifying someone left a message, then from the Voicemail System with the attachment. How can I eliminate the first pointless email from Asterisk?

Thank you!

My version-Asterisk 11.16.0 built by root @ jenkins-builder1.schmoozecom.net on a x86_64 running Linux on 2015-02-12 23:51:19 UTC

Do you want to disable the voicemail? if so, you can disable that under SIP extensions, there is a tag for voicemail management.

I had the exact same problem. You put in a pager notification address I bet you. Remove that and you won’t get duplicate messages!

1 Like

@nsumner is right. I also ran into the same issue. However, in my case, it was because I used the “Quick Create Extension” button on the Extensions page. When you use the Quick Create feature, it asks for the user’s email address and then automatically enters it in both the email address and pager email address fields. So, you may not have done it intentionally, but that is where your problem is.

1 Like

This is exactly what i did. Thanks for the help!