Why Commercial Modules are not available for Centos 7 platforms but SNG7 Instead?

Hi all, I am new to this forum and I’ve been looking through endless pages on how to install Commercial Modules for CentOS 7. Here is why. I managed to install Freepbx on a Debian OS at a VPS in AWS. Unfortunately, all the commercial modules are missing and there is no way to install them unless the base OS is the Sangoma 7.

I’ve read that SNG7 is based on CentOS, and I even found this forum from Andrew Nagy on how to install FreePBX 13 on CentOS 7 including commercial modules. (Of course this is an old version) But I had no success. Then afterwards I started reading that the commercial modules are only available on Freebpx Distro. Why tho? The problem is that I cannot install SNG7 on AWS and I have not been able to find a way to overcome this. I guess there is no solution… Does anyone know why commercial modules stoped having support on CentOS and now it only works if you have the Distro OS? :confused:

You could say a whole bunch of things, like compatibles, supportability, but the majority of the people on the forum would be giving you guesses and second hand. You’ll have to ask Sangoma the specific reasons to know for sure. For years, since the distro became sng7, I t’s always been a requirement.

To my knowledge Sangoma has been very clear on what their products that they develop will be supported in.

The interesting thing is the change to CentOS recently. This has created an opportunity for Sangoma to rethink how they support the platform. That doesn’t mean they will do what you want exactly, but now is the time to share feedback.

1 Like

You’ll have to use a FreePBX image, such as one from @billsimon AWS Marketplace: FreePBX for EC2, Supporting Commercial Modules

2 Likes

In order to support paid commercial modules, they need to be installed on a baseline system configuration, that is what the FreePBX Distro provides.

1 Like

You can install the official distro on AWS, either using one of the images already available on AWS or by importing your own image into AWS.

You can follow this link. This is how I imported my image into AWS, which I’m currently using.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.