Whocalled.us needs to be removed from Superfecta

As for myself I have put countless hours fixing things in a well-known open source application and helping other people contribute to it…

I have also helped people with other applications (including FreePBX) and fixing people’s PC never once asking to be paid for it…

I understand that but if he can’t, at least, have a clear and established way to ask for a revision if he maintains it alone than maybe he should ask other people’s help to maintain it…

If the phone number of your business had been erroneously listed in that database and you did not know how to lookup the whois info I am not sure you would be so understanding about the guy’s lack of time to properly maintain it and have a clear way to ask for a revision…

I’m not and I am all for those kind of databases…

My biggest and main complaint about this site is that there is no way to have the info in it revised…

Have a nice day,

Nick

Last time we removed tons of sources from superfecta people had a fit and now there’s a fork of just the old modules. We can go through (and someone has already asked) all the modules removing probably half and then the same thing will happen again.

Considering we got a response and you can disable the module I don’t see the need for removing it

Along the same vain. Should we remove device and user mode because we mention it’s unsupported? Of course not. The outcries we’d get.

I’ll bet that probably 10 modules in superfecta don’t work. But they are in German or French.

Maybe add a good ol’ disclaimer to sources of dubious value?

Doesn’t look to me like there is any QC at all so someone could just as well submit Sangoma’s phone number(s) to the blacklist (and no, I am not dumb enough to do that to prove my point, if someone does it, it won’t be me…). :innocent:

If you can pinpoint some specific ones, I might be able to help… I speak French and contributors or other developers of the open source application I contribute to speak German.

The French ones are probably targeted at the France market and I am North American but I will figure out a way to test them if needed (and I will understand what they are saying).

Have a nice day,

Nick