Who do you turn to when a number cannot be ported by your Wholesale VoIP Provider?

My two primary carriers, Vitelity and VoIP.ms, cannot port a phone number for a customer of mine…

Who do you turn to when you have a phone number in a difficult rate center?

Any recommendations appreciated :slight_smile:

What’s the issue?

The only times I’ve ever had a problem was when the number was encumbered by the current carrier.

From the Port in Ticket:

We have a carrier that could attempt to port number in, however the TN belongs to consolidated COMM, which they do not have an interconnection agreement. Therefore we cannot port number into our network.

We have no other carriers that provide coverage for this rate center.

Our apologies for the inconvenience,
LNP

or this ticket:

Unfortunately we are unable to port this number as none of our carriers has an interconnection agreement with the losing carrier. This DID is not portable within our network. Our apologies for this inconvenient.
Thank you for your understanding.

I can’t think of a way to solve this…

Without an interconnection agreement, porting the number is going to be challenging. Your other option would be to get a number in that LATA, but since there are no interconnected carriers in that area, getting that to work will also be a challenge.

The closest you can get to a solution would be to try to find out who the incumbent carrier has interconnection agreements with and go to one of them, or get a new number in the same local dialing area and Call Forwarding the old numbers to your new number.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.