While updating the framework ( I think)

While updating the Framework something went sideways.

INSERT INTO notifications (module, id, level, display_text, extended_text, link, reset, candelete, timestamp) VALUES (‘freepbx’, ‘modules_disabled’, 400, ‘You have a disabled module’, ‘The following modules are disabled because they need to be upgraded\nframework\n\nYou should go to the module admin page to fix these.’, ‘?type=tool&display=modules’, 0, 0, 1184836215) [nativecode=1054 ** Unknown column ‘candelete’ in ‘field list’]

I went back and ran ./install_amp again and it is working again. Updates worked better for some reason too.

I am now at 2.3.0beta2.1

Hi,
when I tried to update from beta 1, the Core module would not update as it needed a newer version of something (I forgot to note what).

Framework would update, so I did…

After this updated, I got a single line error relating to the notifications table, which did not exist in the database.
(It was an sql ‘DELETE FROM notifications’ line that was failing).

I found the structure of the notifications table & created it manually, after which I could get back to the module admin page and the Core module could now be updated.

I did another check for updates in case any other modules were needed & I believe the Core updated again, either that or the first update didn’t install correctly.

it told me i needed the newer beta to update core. i did that from the new tarball, but install_amp printed a raft of messages like this:

PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 16 in /var/www/html/admin/functions.inc.php on l

when i went to AMP, the screen was all messed up, and i couldn’t click on anything. i pulled an svn snapshot and redid install_amp from there and that fixed it, only the freepbx system status tool shows a blank screen.

noticed that incoming calls were going straight to VM again…

[quote=“rjenkinsgb”]Hi,
After this updated, I got a single line error relating to the notifications table, which did not exist in the database.
[/quote]
This would imply something went wrong with your update (and you have other things broken that you are not aware of). The upgrade scripts that run will create this (and another table) if they are not there. Did it complain about not running the upgrade script during the install? What OS are you running?

In any event, you should go get the tarball and run through a standard install_amp to make sure you have a proper environment, and pay close attention to the output in case it complains about anything important.

I noticed when I tried to do the install from the tarball version that I get complaints about:

/var/www/html/admin/page.modules.php has been changed from the original version.
Overwrite (y=yes/a=all/n=no/d=diff/s=shell/x=exit)? n

(and many others)

if I say ‘yes’, I got the messages I referred to earlier. I tried again with ‘no’, and don’t get them, but now, my attempt to click the red bar failed with:

*  Core cannot be upgraded:
      o FreePBX version 2.3.0beta2 or higher is required, you have 2.3.0beta2
  Please correct this error first.
* System Dashboard cannot be upgraded:
      o FreePBX version 2.3.0beta2 or higher is required, you have 2.3.0beta2
  Please correct this error first.

Something obviously borked, since it’s complaining that I need the version I already have?

I think one of the issues some of you guys may be running into is having run from svn pulls and the system being in some weird state. Did you use the --force-version 2.2.0 to make sure it is running through all the required upgrade scripts?

but i had been on a non-svn version too…

When I reach the
/var/www/html/admin/page.modules.php has been changed from the original version.
Overwrite (y=yes/a=all/n=no/d=diff/s=shell/x=exit)?

I have indicated “a” and have had no issue with it.

I’m on CentOS 4.4 i386, fully up to date with yum.

It didn’t give any errors at all.

[quote=“p_lindheimer”][quote=“rjenkinsgb”]Hi,
[/quote]
This would imply something went wrong with your update (and you have other things broken that you are not aware of). The upgrade scripts that run will create this (and another table) if they are not there. Did it complain about not running the upgrade script during the install? What OS are you running?

In any event, you should go get the tarball and run through a standard install_amp to make sure you have a proper environment, and pay close attention to the output in case it complains about anything important.[/quote]

I have the same problem.
DELETE FROM notifications WHERE module = ‘core’ AND id = ‘AMPDBPASS’ [nativecode=1146 ** Table ‘asterisk.notifications’ doesn’t exist]

/usr/src/freepbx-2.3.0beta1# grep notifications *

this line made me think that notifications is not in freepbx-2.3.0beta1.tar.gz so a little googling, I found the missing code, that bay be axecuted in the SQL part of phpmyadmin while selecting the asterisk database:

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS notifications;
CREATE TABLE notifications (
module varchar(24) NOT NULL default ‘’,
id varchar(24) NOT NULL default ‘’,
level int(11) NOT NULL default ‘0’,
display_text varchar(255) NOT NULL default ‘’,
extended_text blob NOT NULL,
link varchar(255) NOT NULL default ‘’,
reset tinyint(4) NOT NULL default ‘0’,
candelete tinyint(4) NOT NULL default ‘0’,
timestamp int(11) NOT NULL default ‘0’,
PRIMARY KEY (module,id)