Which modules define which codec options show up as "convert to" buttons in "system recordings?

which module defines which codec options show up as “convert to” buttons in "system recordings?
I used to have G729, but its disappeared.
Any hints as to where I should be looking?
thanks

@tm1000 will correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe it comes from:

core show file formats

hi, thanks. That command shows the codecs available and it says g729 is in fact available (and most of our extensions and trunks use it), but it simply disappeared from the available buttons to convert to. I have yet to figure out what I did wrong.
in the modules directry I have the following g729 related files
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 611312 Dec 4 2017 codecg729.so
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 11872 Jul 25 17:36 format_g729.so
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 11568 Jul 25 17:36 res_format_attr_g729.so

core show codecs also includes the g729
18 audio g729 g729 (G.729A)

and finally
core show translation does do the timing checks with a g729

so I am stumped as to why the convert to option is gone.
anything else you can suggest I should look for?
thank you.

What does this return

asterisk g729 show licenses

It’s because g729 requires a license from Digium.

1 Like

this command throws an error.
We used to have a digium license for about 50 channels, but I thought I could now go with the legal open source option. I though it was now included in the distro. There was something called codec_g729_ast13.so (I think it was there, I dont recall putting it there…though i can’t be sure).
doesnt the open source license activate the convert to option?
thanks!

what if I use the open source option? why does the “core show translation” show g729 if we no longer have the digium license (we used to, so maybe the button did disappear when I removed the license).
thanks!

Something in that logic only works if it’s a licensed G729. Someone will need to look at the code and modify it to work without a license.

Ok, that explains it then. We had the active licenses from digium but then changed hardware and decided to just use the open source option instead of contacting digium for the ID reset.
thank you for clarifying this.

File a feature request at http://issues.freepbx.org/

Ive created the issue. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.