Which extensions have enabled a Temporary Greeting?

So far, I can see how many temporary greetings are currently recorded in the voicemail system. What I can’t figure out is which extensions have them.

Any ideas?

You can create yourself a user manager user and give yourself access to voicemail for all extensions then you can see all that in UCP.

However there’s definitely a better way, wait for the more experienced contributors.

Edit

If you select a user extension on the right side pan in voicemail admin you can actually see if they have a temporary greeting.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion! That process, while it works, is going to be too manual for what I’m hoping to try and accomplish.

My goal is to either light up a key on the users’ phone, or send an e-mail to remind those with a temp greeting that its still enabled.

But first I need to figure out how to extract this data without having to manually check each extension through the GUI.

Maybe add

tempgreetwarn=yes

in voicemail.conf, Ref:-

http://www.asteriskdocs.org/en/3rd_Edition/asterisk-book-html-chunk/Voicemail_id263499.html
tempgreetwarn yes , no Setting this to yes will warn the mailbox owner that she has a temporary greeting set. This can be a useful reminder when people return from trips or vacations.

2 Likes

Good call! I checked and it is set to ‘yes’ already.
My problem is that I have voice messages e-mailed to users, therefore they rarely log into their mailbox.

If that is set, then I woulod parse the issue of (from bash)

ls -l /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/*/*/temp*
2 Likes

Oh, cool! That tracks down the extensions in a hurry. Thanks!

For now I will manage these manually. Down the road I think I want to be able to remind users that a temp greeting is active on their voicemail.

A quicky one liner for cron-job to get you going for a standard deployment

for i in $(ls /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/*/temp.wav|cut -d ‘/’ -f7);
do EMAIL=“$(grep $i /etc/asterisk/voicemail.conf|cut -d ‘,’ -f3)”;
echo “echo ‘Body of email’|mail -s ‘You are playing a voicemail temporary message’ $EMAIL”;
done|bash

1 Like

Thank you very much for your help @dicko!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.