Where to start troubleshooting trunk issues

Excellent call. Before I opened a ticket, I asked the network guy to check the VoIP settings and he disabled:

VoIP Settings > Enable Sip Transformations (disabled)

… and presto calls started working again. Since I knew I hadn’t changed anything from the Asterisk/FreePBX side it was driving me a little batty trying to figure out why calls suddenly stopped working.

Your help was very much appreciated. Now I can enjoy the holiday :slight_smile:

Can you please PM me your address and a PO number so I can send you the invoice for having the CTO and President check the network on Christmas Eve because you insisted that something was wrong with ours when your firewall was configured wrong? The Sonicwall issues are well documented on this forum, Sonicwall’s KB and the Internet. Perhaps you can dock the pay of the person programming the Sonicwall since they clearly did not know what they were doing?

While I appreciate the help, I’m not sure where you getting that from… At no point did I insist it was problem with the SIPStation network. (I’m not a person that jumps to conclusions without sufficient proof. Certainly not about a product I’ve used for so short a period of time. ) I simply reported the information I had at the time, how it was obtained, and asked for suggestions on how to troubleshoot it. In fact, I specifically mentioned - several times - I wasn’t yet ruling out internal errors:

So sorry, but you misinterpreted/misread my comments.

Again, I truly do appreciate you guys taking the time to respond. However, just as you suggested reading the documentation available, please try and read the full context of the thread next time.

I did read it and after Dicko jumped in you were on the bandwagon.

The request for the PO was light hearted, I did not expect you to do it and if you did the money would have gone right back to the project.

I was more making a couple of points than anything else. “Teachable Moment” as they call them.

Nah, no bandwagon. Not my style. I was still mentioning pilot error up until you guys chimed in. While I can appreciate what you’re saying, it’s just not always easy to tell good info from bad when you are just learning the ropes.

Anyway, I appreciate you guys putting me on the right track.