Where is externip stored?

I set externip, that is, Asterisk SIP Settings/External IP. After I restarted the PBX, the IP address works. But I could not find externip anywhere in /etc/asterisk/*.conf. May I know where is it stored?

Setting externip is the only way it works for my remote extension outside the router/firewall. externhost does not work. So I need to update externip manually whenever my IP address changes. But first I need to locate it.

Thanks.

externhost works so you must be doing something wrong.

It’s in sip_general_additional.conf

You can verify the ip with a ‘sip show settings’ command.

Check that your machine can resolve the url using dig or ‘ping url’ and check the ip.

paganini is the name of the Ubuntu host for my FreePBX.

[email protected]:/# ping -c 1 xxx.dyndns-ip.com
PING xxx.dyndns-ip.com (116.xx.62.246) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from bb116-xx-62-246.xxx.com (116.xx.62.246): icmp_seq=1 ttl=255 time=3.13 ms

etc/asterisk/sip_general_additional.conf contains:

bindport=5091
nat=yes
externhost=xxx.dyndns-ip.com
externrefresh=120
localnet=192.168.123.0/24

When I have that, REGISTER and INVITE from the remote extension always gives a Contact, Via, From, of 192.168.123.30:5091. This is a non-routable internal LAN address. What could be wrong?

The moment I add External IP of 116.xxx.62.246, REGISTER and INVITE gives 116.xxx.62.246:5091 and voice got through.

I set External IP via the GUI Asterisk SIP Settings. But I can’t find externip anywhere in /etc/asterisk/*.conf. Where is externip hidden?

Thanks.

Something is wrong.

Do a ‘sip show settings’ with the dynamic entry.

It is stored in the same file to answer your question.