Where are the Caller ID names

1st of all, at my company we got the Following setup: a Dell Server R510, running CentOs and Asterisk 1.6.2.13, one of our card providers tell us that on of these two cards (TE121B, AEX2403EF) screw our graphical interfase so everything must handle manually, the server its working, and without any problem…
The first problem is that our voip expert employ just quit!! and im all alone with that, so i manage to read the two key books everybody should know, elastix without tears wich is too related with graphical interface (wich i dont have access to) and im working on finish the ‘asterisk the future of telephony’.

So i got the basics i think, im a developer so its not too scary browsing conf files, or moving inside linux, i already access the mysql database i got root access to the whole thing so i just need to do a simple task:

The extension 5502 was used by Administration now is used by Security i would like to rename the caller id from administration to security so when security calls some one in their Caller id says ‘Security’ and not administration anymore.

The big question is:
'Where are the caller id names"

This is what i tryed so far:

• in the asterisk mysql database, i modify the name in the users table
  • in the asterisk mysql database, i modify the description in the devices table
    none of this work…

on the extensions_additional.conf got the following:

[from-queue-exten-only]
include => from-queue-exten-only-custom

exten => 5502,1,Set(RingGroupMethod=none)
exten => 5502,n,Macro(record-enable,5502,IN)
exten => 5502,n,Macro(dial-one,${DIAL_OPTIONS},5502)
exten => 5502,n,Hangup

[ext-local]
include => ext-local-custom

exten => 5502,1,Macro(exten-vm,novm,5502)
exten => 5502,n,Goto(${IVR_CONTEXT},return,1)
exten => 5502,hint,SIP/5502&Custom:DND5502

And i check every file on the directory and can’t see where to find the way to solve this task, so i try something different i open the phone web administrator, got yealink phones, and on the panel i change the name and success!! eeerr nop it only changes the name on the phone display if you dial someone it still says ‘Administration’.

I just need a clue on where to do this. since non or the trys i made work…

thanks

Well considering you are asking for advanced dialplan help on a forum dedicated to an Asterisk GUI that you aren’t even using you aren’t going to find much help here.

Best bet would be to go over to Asterisk.org and ask for help there.

Sorry.

thanks for your help
what happens is that I have no graphics version because with these cards had problems with the graphical version, and the person who installed the telephony commented that everything is by commands that conflict got into …

realmete’ve been reading a lot but they have not come to the conclusion on how to change the names of each of the extensions,

I am very novice at this and frepbx asterisk

not have any other contact to communicate out there as Messenger?
thanks for your help

You need to reload FreePBX so it can generate the new configuration files. Modifying the database is useless unless you do that.

Furthermore why are you doing this in the database and not in the FreePBX gui?

First, editing the *_additional.conf files will not work. These are regenerated each time asterisk is reloaded.

The database with the user name is located in the mysql asterisk database under users.

Finally, I’ve never heard of the installation of a card interfering with the operation of the gui.

Maybe the correct question you should be asking is how to bring the gui back online.

If you provide the exact symptoms and any log traces from httpd someone on the forum might be able to give you some advice.

Thanks for your help Bill

asterisk appeared to have pure and I was watching the conf files. and block sip_additional.conf have extensions like this:

[5502]
deny = 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
=***** secret
dtmfmode = rfc2833
canreinvite = no
context = from-internal
host = dynamic
type = friend
nat = yes
port = 5060
Qualify = yes
callgroup =
pickupgroup =
dial = SIP/5502
mailbox = 5502 @ device
permit = 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
callerid = device <5502>
CallCount = yes
faxdetect = no

in the database if the names are correct, the change in the same database names absolutely nothing happens.

as part of an extension to another appears the correct name as I can rename each of the extensions?

configuracionb probe of sip_additional.conf change as follows:

[5502]
deny = 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
=***** secret
dtmfmode = rfc2833
canreinvite = no
context = from-internal
host = dynamic
type = friend
nat = yes
port = 5060
Qualify = yes