What would you like to see added in FreePBX 15?

What about the patents and royalties on MP3?

1 Like

Read your inbox. (-;

HI Thanks for your answer.

I am not sure what royalties and patents are left but from my understanding most have expired.

https://www.tunequest.org/a-big-list-of-mp3-patents/20070226/

Here are my suggestions:

1. Please add a white-list module. This module is critically needed to combat the scourge of spam calls. A description of how such a module would work can be found here:

https://issues.freepbx.org/browse/FREEPBX-14488

I am willing to contribute $$ to get this to happen as an open-source official FreePBX module.

1. Please release comprehensive, updated documentation at the same time that 15 is released. Ideally, it would be baked into the GUI. I’m willing to volunteer to write the documentation, but I need access to the devs so that I can ask questions and get answers to include in the documentation.

2. Please don’t make GUI changes UNLESS they add functionality or increase the speed of configuration. Examples of changes to avoid are removing often-used shortcuts, changing free-form text entry fields into multiple, individual boxes or pull-downs, and adding additional tabs that must be navigated to reach certain fields. I’m sure that there others.

A basic test of changes that slow configureation: If it takes longer to change a setting after you’ve made the GUI change or it makes it take longer to set-up a brand new PBX, without adding a new feature, it’s bad.

An example of a GUI change that would speed-up configuration is the elimination of the tabs in the Trunks and outbound routes modules. The + and - also hinder configuration in that they hide configuration options and make them harder to find.

1. The voicemail module also badly needs re-writing. I understand that Asterisk provides basic VM functionality in one of their modules, but you could re-write VM (if you wanted) using the same commands used to build an IVR and make it much better than what Asterisk provides.
1 Like

11 posts were split to a new topic: FreePBX Documentation

1. Google Voice integration
  2. An easier, yet dependable, way to take a Sangoma phone out of the box and use it. I have yet to have it work the way it’s supposed to work. Even support has struggled to get them to work on my system and I have a pretty basic out-of-the-box system purchased from Sangoma.
  3. The option to have an email sent to a user when their phone extension isn’t available. Again on the Sangoma phones we have users who’s phones vanish from Endpoint Manager/Extension Mapping, and the end user isn’t aware they have no phone. We’ve had people go all day and not know they aren’t getting phone calls.
  4. User Management versus extension management still confuses me. On a phone system it seems like those should be one in the same. I don’t do phones for a living so maybe it’s me, but I don’t understand why they aren’t the same thing.
  5. Some sort of robo call filter or spoofed call filter. I know, may not be possible but I thought I"d throw it out there and let smarter people decide if it’s possible.
  6. A better UCP. Something more similar to the FOP2 panel.
  7. A simpler way to determine what calls are being recorded, and which ones aren’t. Having confidential calls discovered on someone else’s call reports can be devastating. I think the current system allows for control but it’s sometimes hard to tell what’s ultimately happening.

I’d like to stress that these are just wish list items. I really appreciate all the hard work that is done on this project by people way smarter than I am. I don’t want to seem ungrateful because I’m not.

I said it once, but I really hope Sangoma will get this into FreePBX 15:

FreePBX is being installed from small 1-5 user offices to large orgs with 500-1000 + users.

One thing which is really missing, is proper reporting. We keep on getting lots of requests for it.

There is Q-Xact reports, but it isn’t really the “get me an easy report which I can generate without needing your guidance” which all bosses are actually looking for. Also, this is only for queues, not for the entire PBX.

So I really hope that Sangoma will surprise us with a proper reporting solution which will include data from each extension’s incoming & outgoing calls (internal & external), call duration, missed calls, being able to group a few extensions together such as ‘Sales Department’ and see their data. You know what I mean…

Yes, I’m aware you can see all details in CDR, but again, it’s not user friendly and you really have to understand what you are looking at.

1 Like

Try to relate the asteriskcdrdb database to queuelog using Power BI, I believe you will be able to create your own reports

The ability to easily download system recordings

An easier way to download the zipped call recordings (other than going root level)

You can always build your own stuff, however, I’m referring to a supported paid user friendly solution from Sangoma/FreePBX.

Let users create custom pjsip transports from the GUI.
Including custom port, protocol and external signalling and media addresses.

Yes… FOP2 is re-written in HTML5, not flash. We use it here.
FOP2 is a separate project…and not part of FreePBX.
https://www.fop2.com/

How would you then differentiate who a fax goes to?

Have you looked at Hylafax and the Hylafax+ desktop client?

The issue is this; how would you identify the fax? We receive thousands of pages of faxes here every week. Some without cover pages, some with hand-written cover pages; there’s no way to automatically identify them. Even if you had embedded OCR, often times we have to look at the context of a fax to know where it goes.

A solution would be to have different fax numbers; you can then associate that incoming DID with an email address, and faxes sent to that number go to that email.

Sorry… there will never be a way to “auto-sort” faxes that come to a single number. It’s just not possible.

2 Likes

What about an indication on the dashboard that shows if the VPN is active or down.

1 Like

Oh no…

:slight_smile: I think the problems with PJSIP are a combination of “fear of change”, very very old versions, difficulty understanding how to configure. We use PJSIP and have a DECT extension, desk phone and mobile client all registered at the same time… works great!

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: PJSIP vs CHAN_SIP feature and functional parity

2 posts were split to a new topic: Inbound route question

Honestly, you’d be better off using something like Spiceworks or Nagios to monitor all that stuff.
You could monitor not only your VPN (by pinging the far end), but also the status of the system, switch, etc. etc.

I used Nagios for years to monitor the wifi at hotels I did networking for. :slight_smile:

Thank you everyone for your input! We have compiled a gigantic excel sheet of the features you have requested to add into future releases.

For more information see how blog post about 15!

1 Like