What all do I need to go VOIP?

I’m wanting to go VOIP. We have 1 phone line with Comcast currently. I don’t have a problem porting the # over to a VOIP provider.

I have 5 in-house employees who all need handsets. The handsets will be ethernet based.

I have 2 employees that are in-house and work from home. They’ll need to be able to answer calls from their home if they aren’t in the office.

I also need each employee setup with voicemail. It’d be nice if voicemails went to the employees email.

I want a scenario where when a customer calls our primary # they are greeted to press 1 for ____, press 2 for ____, press 3 for ____.

Can FreePBX do all of this?

If so, what hardware do I need to purchase? Can I use a PC laying around our office and turn it into a dedicated VOIP system? What services do I need to purchase/subscribe to?

I really want to move to VOIP in the next month once my contract ends with Comcast.

I’ve been told I need a PBX device, trunking, phones (obviously). I already have the router and switches necessary for the project.

What am I looking at in terms of monthly costs?

You are on track. Do you have a static IP at your office for the remote workers?

You probably already have VPN for them to work at home and access your servers/applications. You can use the for VoIP too.

An old PC is fine. In fact you should get some phones and start learning right away.

You should also get a PeO switch to power the phones and a UPS so that your phones don’t go out with every other power glitch.

Skyking, I have a IP range with my business, I know I still have a IP available to assign. I don’t have VPN setup but can if necessary.

I already have a PoE switch ready to go.

I’ll need a setup like this:

Comcast modem > Router > PoE Switch > VoiP Server (old PC) & VoiP Phones

Correct?

Then you are in the perfect position to go and read the wiki, I believe everything you asked for is explained there already . . .

Alternatively, you can host your VoIP server “in the cloud”. Make sure that you secure it properly with a firewall. Refer to my comment in an earlier thread for a detailed how-to:
http://www.freepbx.org/forum/general-help/virtualizing-asterisk