Weird network Issues NO IP/Unable to activate

Hello!.. I’ve had nothing but issues since a fresh install of the latest disto on a Lenovo Q190. I kept getting boot errors and I eventually changed the BIOS os legacy and I was able to get freepbx to boot up. I cant get centos to get an IP so I went to Ifcnfg-eth0 in terminal and changed onboot from “no” to “yes” rebooted and still had the same issue… So I created a static IP address in that file because I still at this point were unable to access the GUI. I rebooted and now when logging in via root in terminal under eth0 its giving me the static IP I created and also a new mac address under that IP (weird)… anyway the point I am at now Is I am able to log into the GUI but If I try and activate or grab my external IP address in sip settings I keep getting an error… “Unable to resolve”

Seems like a DNS issue, did you troubleshoot that already?

Yes I did. Sorry I should have mentioned that.

If its worth mentioning… I tried to install an older distro and after install I get an error “Some Firstboot error occurred, and the system is not properly set up”. So I reinstalled the latest distro and I’m back at square one with not being able to get an IP address and having to assign a static one via terminal just to access the GUI.

Can you ping 8.8.8.8? If not, confirm that you have the correct entries for NETMASK and GATEWAY in your ifcfg-eth0 file. If that doesn’t help, report whether you can ping the gateway, what kind of router/firewall you have, etc.

If you can ping 8.8.8.8, can you ping google.com? If that won’t resolve, check your /etc/resolv.conf file. If it’s empty, try adding a line
nameserver 8.8.8.8
to that file.

If you can ping google.com but still get Unable to resolve from SIP Settings, use tcpdump to troubleshoot the DNS lookup.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.