Weird Caller-ID Problem

Ok, two boxes IAX2 Trunked together - Extension changed on main box so extension 201 is Mary Baxter - used to be Margaret Kimball - outbound Caller ID from sending box is Mary Baxter, but here is the console on the receiving machine:

-- Executing [[email protected]:1] Macro("IAX2/MA-2-Alamo-User-9094", "exten-vm|305|305") in new stack
-- Executing [[email protected]:1] Macro("IAX2/MA-2-Alamo-User-9094", "user-callerid") in new stack
-- Executing [[email protected]:1] Set("IAX2/MA-2-Alamo-User-9094", "AMPUSER=201") in new stack
-- Executing [[email protected]:2] GotoIf("IAX2/MA-2-Alamo-User-9094", "0?report") in new stack
-- Executing [[email protected]:3] ExecIf("IAX2/MA-2-Alamo-User-9094", "1|Set|REALCALLERIDNUM=201") in new stack
-- Executing [[email protected]:4] Set("IAX2/MA-2-Alamo-User-9094", "AMPUSER=201") in new stack
-- Executing [[email protected]:5] Set("IAX2/MA-2-Alamo-User-9094", "AMPUSERCIDNAME=Margaret Kimball") in new stack
-- Executing [[email protected]:6] GotoIf("IAX2/MA-2-Alamo-User-9094", "0?report") in new stack
-- Executing [[email protected]:7] Set("IAX2/MA-2-Alamo-User-9094", "AMPUSERCID=201") in new stack
-- Executing [[email protected]:8] Set("IAX2/MA-2-Alamo-User-9094", "CALLERID(all)="Margaret Kimball" <201>") in new stack
-- Executing [[email protected]:9] ExecIf("IAX2/MA-2-Alamo-User-9094", "0|Set|CHANNEL(language)=") in new stack
-- Executing [[email protected]:10] GotoIf("IAX2/MA-2-Alamo-User-9094", "0?continue") in new stack
-- Executing [[email protected]:11] Set("IAX2/MA-2-Alamo-User-9094", "__TTL=64") in new stack
-- Executing [[email protected]:12] GotoIf("IAX2/MA-2-Alamo-User-9094", "1?continue") in new stack

Where in the heck is it getting this from? Is this some sort of Cache on the receiving machine? I have searched the Asterisk and Realtime Database on the receiving machine, and it’s not there - where is it pulling this from?

I have never seen this error before!

Greg

Greg,

the call’s coming over as 201 through an Intra-company route (I’m assuming). Because of that it’s retaining it’s internal CID. It’s then picking up the credentials on the box that it is coming in on. Note the priority 4 and 5 from macro-user-callerid.

Now go do a “database show AMPUSER/201” on that box, you should see those creds.

This and a lot more is the type of stuff we’ll be going over next month at OTTS, would be great to see you there if you can make it:)

ast-alamoCLI> database show AMPUSER/201
/AMPUSER/201/cidname : Margaret Kimball
/AMPUSER/201/cidnum : 201
/AMPUSER/201/device : 201
/AMPUSER/201/noanswer :
/AMPUSER/201/outboundcid : 5058425300
/AMPUSER/201/password :
/AMPUSER/201/recording : out=|in=
/AMPUSER/201/ringtimer : 0
/AMPUSER/201/voicemail : default
ast-alamo
CLI>

I guess what I am missing is what database is that, and how can I remove that entry - and shouldn’t it be removed automatically - or am I going to have to remove things like that every time anything changes? Shouldn’t this be automatic?

I used phpMyAdmin and searched the MySQL databases on the remote box, and it was not there - I assume it is kept somewhere else?

Greg

It’s in the Asterisk Database - no wonder searching the MySQL got me nowhere. The command I used on the remote box was:

ast-alamo*CLI> database deltree AMPUSER 201

Still, I wonder why it is not getting updated automatically - can we set something up to purge that database on a predictable schedule?

Thanks - FreePBX just keeps getting better, and it’s because when something wonky happens, someone knows the answer!

Thanks Philippe!

Greg

Greg,

what ever box it is on it is there because there is/was an extension on that box at some point with those creds. When you delete an extension in FreePBX, it deletes that record.

If it was still there, something must have gone wrong at some point or the extension was not deleted properly. (And given all the ‘mucking around’ you seem to be doing in the database, I wonder if maybe that is the source…:slight_smile:

Purely observational “Mucking” if you please :wink:

Besides, I only started looking after the problem was reported - prior to that, I was ignorant and happy (as I am again!).

Re-reading your posting, one issue does come to mind - the machine I deleted the DB entry on was the remote machine - It never had that extension, it only accepted calls from the other box that DID have that extension - this is what I was wondering before - why the Asterisk DB on the remote machine would hold it’s extension info, even though with each call it was getting fresh (and correct) info.

Greg