WARNING udptl.c: No UDPTL ports remaining

Using the new distro
I am getting a weird error on reload.
[2011-05-31 14:45:20] WARNING[11074] udptl.c: No UDPTL ports remaining

Even though the info I find googling it seems to indicate that this is serious, it does not seem to affect performance or cause any issues. However I don’t like to see errors in the log. Does anyone else see this with their distro system? Any idea how to get rid of it? I would guess it’s got something to do with the fax module.

Well UDPTL is for T38 fax. Do you have T38 enabled in SIP Settings module.

ASTERISK SIP SETTINGS module
T38 Pass-Through = Yes

sip_general_additional.conf

vmexten=*97
faxdetect=yes
context=from-sip-external

alwaysauthreject=yes
useragent=FPBX-2.9.0(1.8.3.2)
disallow=all
allow=g729
allow=alaw

tcpenable=yes
tcpbindadr=0.0.0.0
bindport=5060
bindaddr=0.0.0.0
jbenable=yes
jbforce=no
jbimpl=adaptive
jbmaxsize=200
jblog=no
jbresyncthreshold=1000

rtptimeout=30
t38pt_udptl=yes
canreinvite=no
rtpholdtimeout=300
rtpkeepalive=20
nat=yes

Not sure. Hopefully someone else who knows T38 here can jump in and give some insight into it.

I can confirm now that disabling
T38 Pass-Through (t38pt_udptl=no)
in Asterisk Advanced settings fixes the issue
so I would suggest there is maybe a problem with the fax module

No it would suggest that you have not setup T38. There are more settings than just enabling T38. Do some googling and you will see. T38 is disabled by default in FreePBX.

adding udptl.conf fixed the issue.
Only reason I missed this is because I assumed the FreePBX Gui creates all conf files it needs to load a module if it was enabled from within the Gui. Frankly if the Gui has a module called “Fax configuration” and the “Advanced SIP settings” module allows to set T38 passthrough then these actions should also create the udptl.conf file. To me as end user it does not make sense that 75% of the work is done in the Gui and the rest is done outside the Gui.

FreePBX does not load modules. Asterisk loads modules. Any module that you dont need setup a noload on /etc/asterisk/modules.conf