VQ Plus: Shifting Queue Position after Callbacks

Hello! We’re having an issue where callers are initially told their position in line, but their announced position will get further back in line as they hold. So their position would progress like: 2,3,2,4… etc.

This appears to be caused when a callback places a caller at the head of the line, and increments the position of everyone else holding in queue.

How can I set the system to announce callers a place in line when they initially join the queue, that takes into account pending callbacks from the beginning? Customers are calling in very angry that they were first in line, then became fifth in line (due to a burst of callbacks), and held for 45 minutes when they were initially told they had a 5 minute wait time.

Please let me know how to solve this. Thanks!

I am not sure this is fixable is an easy way, without eliminating callback. At that point you are choosing between callback and position announcement, and I think the callback is the better satisfier.

I have not tried this, but what about breaking the callbacks into a separate queue, still at a higher priority? That way the caller position would not be impacted for those on hold in queue a, and you are still taking care of your callbacks (higher priority) in queue b.

Hi Comtech, thanks for that idea! It sounds promising. I’ll try it!

Has anyone else here tried a similar solution?

Sangoma: any chance we can get an update to VQ Plus that will natively (without hacks) allow announcing callers a place in line when they initially join the queue, which takes into account pending callbacks from the beginning?

Thanks!

Or another idea for Sangoma: How about adding an option so callbacks are only called when no others are waiting in queue? That would take care of multiple problems in one swoop.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.