VoIP-i trunk dials and rings in 1 second, Voip.ms dials and takes 6-10 seconds before ring

I’ve been chasing an issue for a while now, but I’m a little stumped.
I have a FreePBX distro running on a box in an office with 2 trunks.

The trunk I have configured for VoIP-Innovations, when calls are placed through that trunk, begin dialing (and the receiving party hears ringing) within 1-2 seconds. Standard…

The trunk I have for VoIP.ms, when calls are placed through that trunk, begin dialing, but the outbound headset has “dead-air” for almost 10 seconds. Every-single-call

Is there a setting within Asterisk or the version of FreePBX that tells the system to wait so long?

I have an analogue phone going through an ATA, directly connected to VoIP.ms on a completely separate sub-account (unrelated to this box) that experiences the same delay in calls.

Any ideas? lightbulbs? Pearls of Wisdom?

Does the call wait 10 seconds and then someone answers, or 10 seconds and then you hear ringing?

“I have an analogue phone going through an ATA, directly connected to VoIP.ms on a completely separate sub-account (unrelated to this box) that experiences the same delay in calls.”

I think you’ve answered your own question. Seems it’s a “feature” of VOIP.ms.

BF

Well, Voip.ms has 2 ways to connect. The first is through a registration string and the second is by IP address. I haven’t had a chance to try and connect via IP address, so I’m wondering if it’s something that may be in the registration string.

Any thoughts on what would cause the delay? To answer your question, I dial a number, 10 seconds of dead air on the handset of the SIP phone (outbound) and during that same length the receiving phone (cell, landline, skype, etc.) nothing happens. some time between 8-10 seconds on average, the SIP phone will get the ringing and the receiving phone will start ringing.