Voip Call gateway

Hi,

I’m wondering what would be involved in setting up a call gateway whereby you call into FreePBX using a DID, and then you dial the destination number (using DTMF) you want to call and then it connects the call for you.

I can’t think of the right terminolgy, but I figure it shouldn’t be too difficult. I could hard code it easily enough using an IVR for specific destinations, but I wanted it to be more generic where I could just call any number.

The idea is so that I could call FreePBX from my mobile and then access cheaper rates to other destinations than I could do directly via my mobile carrier

You will benefit by reading and absorbing the wiki (link at the top of this page)

Start with :-

http://wiki.freepbx.org/dosearchsite.action?queryString=disa

@dicko has the right idea. Read up on disa it will do exactly what u r looking for.

Look for DISA in the Asterisk/FreePBX Wikis. That’s how I do it.

BTW - the reason you really want to do this is so you can use your cell phone to call customers back and have your Caller ID be the phones in your office. This way, you don’t end up with hourly customers calling you and your employees at all times of the day and night on your personal cell.

Great thanks. That’s what I was looking for.