VoiceMailMain

Hello.

Playing around with FreePBX 13.0.1beta3.54. I’m right now asking myself how do i do a custom destination where internal callers reach the Asterisk App VoiceMailMain? Do i have to create a custom extension? A custom destination? A misc application/destination? Or all of the above? I’m a little bit confused. :smile:

This is what i wanna accomplish:

User dials 811 and reaches the VoiceMailMain application.

exten => 811,n,VoiceMailMain(${CALLERID(num)},s)

thanks and cheers.
t.

There is already a feature code for VoiceMailMain, *98 by default. You can change it to 811 in Admin, Feature Codes.

However, to actually answer the question, you would:

1. Edit the file /etc/asterisk/extensions_custom.conf and add a new context with the lines of code you want.

[voicemail-custom]
    exten => s,1,NoOp(Entering user defined context [voicemail-custom])
    exten => s,n,VoiceMailMain(${CALLERID(num)},s)
    exten => s,n,Hangup()

2. Create a Custom Destination in FreePBX pointing to “voicemail-custom,s,1” (without quotes)

3. Create a Misc Application with a feature code set to 811 pointing to the destination created in step 2.

Great. Thanks. Very understandable.

cheers
t.

1 Like

If you don’t want to change from the default, so that star-98 still works, along with 811, you can set up a Miscellaneous Application with 811 as the FeatureCode and FeatureCodeAdmin -> Dial Voicemail star-98 as the destination - I try both for my short memory and for the phone guys that come after me to keep our boxes as standard as possible.

1 Like