Voicemail to email - minor issue

Voicemail to email feature works well and for a few road warriors - its a blessing.

However, it comes through by default as vm@asterisk which is an improperly formatted address to say the least. Outlook always blocks these messages on the user’s end.

How do I tweak this? I am not opposed to setting this up as a company email account, I just need some insight as to where to go…

Any help and/or hints are appreciated.

Take a look at the file:

/etc/asterisk/vm_general.inc

Bill/W5WAF

That’s the ticket.
Thanks!

Well actually… I guess it is in voicemail.conf
I tweaked the value here and bam… killed it. After changing the value to a proper email address, it no longer sends email(s).

However, if I put back the default line
servermail = vm@asterisk
Emails now function.

What am I missing here?

Here’s a copy of my file. I don’t recall doing anything else.
But it has been 3 years since I set it up.

BF

; 1st listed format gets emailed
format=wav49|wav

attach=yes
pbxskip=yes                     ; Don't put [PBX]: in the subject line
[email protected]         ; Who the e-mail notification should appear to come from
fromstring=Voicemail System ; Real name of email sender
maxmessage=180                  ; max length of vm message
minmessage=3                            ; Minimum length of a voicemail message in seconds
maxsilence=5                    ; Wait for 5 silent seconds and end the voicemail
silencethreshold=128            ; What do we consider to be silence
skipms=3000                                     ; How many miliseconds to skip forward/back when rew/ff in message playback
review=yes                                      ; Allow sender to review/rerecord their message before saving it
operator=yes                            ; Allow caller to press 0
nextaftercmd=yes                        ; Automagically play next message when current message is deleted or saved
forcename=yes
;forcegreeting=yes