Voicemail Timezone Configuration

The timestamps on the voicemails are off six hours, I have read you can put in the voicemail option tz=timezone and it should fix it. I have tried tz=denver, tz=mountain, tz=MDT. On the asterisk server the local clock is not using UTC time it is using mountain standard time and the voicemails are the only this that is not correct. In the freepbx website it shows the time correctly in the time condition page. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks
Blake

I foound the solution:

[code:1]
[zonemessages]
central=America/Chicago|‘vm-received’ Q ‘digits/at’ IMp
pacific=America/Tijuana|‘vm-received’ Q ‘digits/at’ IMp
mountain=America/Denver|‘vm-received’ Q ‘digits/at’ IMp
[/code:1]

The last part needs to have IMp

I added those lines in the vm_general.inc

[zonemessages]
central=America/Chicago|‘vm-received’ Q ‘digits/at’ R
pacific=America/Tijuana|‘vm-received’ Q ‘digits/at’ R
mountain=America/Denver|‘vm-received’ Q ‘digits/at’ R

and it has fixed it, but now it is giving the time in military format. I would like it to use am or pm. How could I get it to say the time differently?

do some googling, what I put there makes it do 24hr clock format, I don’t recall the format for am/pm

Ok, thank you

Blake

here’s an example of how I have done some timezone stuff:

[zonemessages]
central=America/Chicago|‘vm-received’ Q ‘digits/at’ R
pacific=America/Tijuana|‘vm-received’ Q ‘digits/at’ R

then in the extension, tz=pacific for example

It seems kind of silly to have the voicemail system default to GMT and ignore the local time zone of the server.

Nice flexibility for remote employees, but goes against the general web-app, prepackaged workflow orientation of FreePBX.

I lost track of when this occurred in Asterisk, but i think FreePBX should fix it.

just noticed that adding the |tz=pacific (pipe symbol because its an option) in voicemail.conf on a particular extension line make it show up in the Recordings user interface, and in the options line inside freepbx.

Check to see if your timezone is defined the way you like it first in any of the v*.conf files. If not, add it like is shown above,then you can add the tz=pacific to the extensions page in FreePBX.

Very cool.

We have found that we had to edit the /etc/asterisk/voicemail.conf file and add the following:

[zonemessages]
central=America/Chicago|‘vm-received’ Q ‘digits/at’ IMp
pacific=America/Tijuana|‘vm-received’ Q ‘digits/at’ IMp
mountain=America/Denver|‘vm-received’ Q ‘digits/at’ IMp
eastern=America/New_York|‘vm-received’ Q ‘digits/at’ IMp

Then on each of the extensions, we added the following to the VM Options field

tz=eastern

just change the eastern timezone to your timezone

dp