Voicemail sounds are not played using a specific SIP trunk

Hi All.
I’m using FreePBX 2.7.0.3 and I encounter an issue regarding voicemail sounds (unavail.wav for example) using a specific SIP trunk.

I have 2 SIP trunks that receives incoming calls : A and B.

When I receive a call on A and it reaches voicemail X it works perfectly and plays the voicemail sounds (contained in /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/X/ )before recording the messages.

When I receive a call on B and it reaches voicemail X no sound (contained in /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/X/ ) is played before the recording.

When I compare the Asterisk log for the 2 incoming calls till it reaches voicemail it’s EXACTLY the same, the only difference is that at the end no sound is played.

I reviewed the config a lot of times and can’t find what is the problem, I thought about codecs but I checked and the trunks are exactly the same.

Any help will be MUCH apreciated.

Regards

Samuel

My question is too hard or too silly ? :slight_smile:

Who are the providers? An identical trunk configuration might not be appropriate with two different providers. My guess would have been a codec problem.

Hi
Thanks for your answer.
Two different providers, OVH and ANNATEL.

If it’s a a codec issue I’m not expecting to see a failure in the log instead of only “playing vm-greeting.gsm” ?

and also in the dialplan this trunks plays wav in the same format as voicemail without any problem…

was really a codec issue…
The second trunk wasn’t abble to play .WAV files (wav49).
Removign them from the directory fixed the issue.