Voicemail playback extremely fast

We have two AsteriskNow 1.7 boxes installed, both updated to the latest FreePBX. These boxes are connected via an IAX trunk. Aastra 57i phones all around.

I can phone from an extension on one box to an extension on the other and everything is fine. The problem occurs when I call from the one box and get dropped into voicemail on the other. I hear all of the voicemail greetings just fine and can leave a message… but when the person tries to listen to that voicemail it plays back at I would guess 2 to 3 times normal speed, sounding a bit like the chipmunks.

It doesn’t seem to matter on which of the two servers the calls originates, the problem occurs with either server as the destination. Voicemails left locally on each individual server play back at normal speed as expected. If I leave a message locally in my mailbox but go to the other office and try to listen to the message, it plays back just fine across the WAN.

That leads me to believe that somehow, something is going awry in the actual recording process whenever the recording is initiated across that WAN link.

Does anybody have any suggestions on what I can check?

Cheers,

Mike <<<<<

For anyone else that might encounter this… it was caused by the jitter buffer being enabled on the IAX trunk. Disabling the jitter buffer solved the problem.

Cheers,

Mike <<<<<