Voicemail password skip

until recently my users could press their voicemail button (executing a *97) and have direct access to their voicemail accounts without being prompted for a mailbox nor password.

Now I get the voicemail prompting for mailbox.
If I don’t enter a mailbox, it will pause and then ask for password if one is set.
I have one user that has a blank password and following the pause it did go into his voicemail box.

I would like to get back to the original functionality of immediate entry into mailbox.
I am unsure if this change was due to the voicemail module being updated (14.0.6.25) or an error on my part.

I have verified that all extensions are configured with “Require from same extension” set to “NO” to bypass password request if called from same extension.

I am seeing the following errors in the asterisk logs

[2022-02-19 19:29:47] ERROR[13062][C-00000400] app_voicemail.c: VM_INFO requires an argument ([@],attribute[,folder])

Any help greatly appreciated

Please provide a call trace via pastebin Providing Great Debug - Support Services - Documentation

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.