Voicemail password help

On our phone server, when someone calls into voicemail, it asks for a password and when the password is entered…it pauses then hangs up the call. Any advice on how to approach this? Thanks

Mark

Check for bad formatting like blank lines within the stanza in /etc/asterisk/voicemail.conf

If it only happens on some voicemail boxes, check timestamps of the files in /var/spool/asterisk/default/nnnn/Inbox/

deleted any blank spaces, still doesn’t work. However a little more development in this…if I just dial *97 for message, it will hang up on me after 7 seconds…with or without entering a password. Don’t know if this shines light on the situation, or just blows it up even more…

Yep, your pretty well right it blows it up more, I have no more ideas. Maybe someone else . . .

Have you looked at call logs? Try posting them here, might help figure something out.

We figured it out, the individuals who were having the issue…really…really…really messed with the settings. Thanks for the help though…actually fixed another issue we had.