Voicemail Notifications

Does anyone know if there is a way to save the voicemail after a voicemail notification is sent? After accepting the voicemail notification the voicemail is removed from the mailbox.

Thanks

Dale

No their is no way. It would create major problems. Hence why it will email the voicemail to you as part of the VM Notification.

Thanks Tony for the update. Is there a way to verify that the voicemail notification was sent from the system.

Thanks Tony for the update. Is there a way to verify that the voicemail notification was sent from the system.

As a work around, one could preemptively save all vmail messages depending on the content of your:-

externnotify=yourscript

in /etc/asterisk/voicemail.conf

Dicko
No we already use that field to do the VM Notifications.

dschwer
The system will send a email on success or failure so you will always get one and both can contain the VM message recording.

Tony:

In congruence with all the *_custom.conf files in FreePBX, would a “feature request” for the addition to your code to honor externnotify_custom.sh for example, in my case to toggle the mwi’s of legacy PBX’i plus all the goodies you can do here, be entertained seriously?

(can’t find your use of externnotify in a Centros VM setup from a 32 bit iso, asterisk 11

http://schmoozecom.com/distro-download.php

perhaps you could point me in the right direction,

Thanks

dicko

)