Voicemail notification but does not play voicemail

This is occurring on a few extensions: After a caller leaves voice-mail that extension registers that a message was left but when they go to retrieve the message and press 1 for new message it says “First message” then immediately it says “Press 3 for advanced options” as if they just heared the message, but never plays the message. If they press 7 to delete the message it will not. Since all users have their Voice-mail attached and sent to their email they can listen to it. They also can go to the FreePBX portal and listen to and delete the message just not the phone. I checked the file permissions and all are Asterisk and everything in the folder looks normal. Again this only occurs once in awhile maybe 1 in 200 new voice-mails.
I am running Asterisk 1.6.2.17.3 on CentOS 4.1.2 FreePBX 2.8.1.4

Has anyone experienced this and know of an answer?

Thanks!!!

There was a voicemail sequencing bug that affected certain versions of Asterisk, but I don’t recall which versions were affected. It was about 8 months ago, though. Current release versions are not affected, so I’d upgrade, if I were you and see if that solves the problem.