Voicemail not playing "Message From" and then the name recording

So I worked out how to get voicemail to use the from-internal context when playing who the message is from but instead of it playing “Message From Extension” I want it to play “Message From” followed by the recorded name located in /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/extension/greet.wav. Can someone make a context for me that will play the recorded name instead.

Thanks,
Alex

Remember, this is a public forum of users and Sangoma people, When you need this kind of development support, you should probably check with the commercial support folks.

Now, if you were to ask “Has anyone ever made a context that does “X”?” it wouldn’t surprise me if someone were to share that with you.

I know it’s almost exactly the same thing, but it’s the perception that really matters here.

Thanks for the feedback.

I do realize what your saying and I wasn’t trying to be rude or anything?..

I was just seeing if anyone knew how to go about making what I said work?

I wasn’t trying to make you feel bad or beat you up - it’s important to remember your audience. We’re all in the same boat here; we’re looking for a little bit of help from time to time and offering our own experiences up as a way to help the community.

Yeah, there are lots of people here that could probably help. There are also Sangoma people that are willing to help out from time to time, but keep in mind that they need to feed their families too, so if you want to hire someone to do the work (which is what it sounded like you wanted), I suggest going to them first. Besides, if they do something that ends up being cool, they might add it for everybody, and we all benefit from your generousity. :slight_smile:

1 Like

ok I understand, sorry about that.

There’s nothing to be sorry about. We’re all in this thing together, working to make the world a better place for telephones throughout humanity. :smile: