Voicemail issues

I am runbning a small freepbx for a dormitory. The students only have standard landline phones running thru a qxw-4248. All seems to be working fine. Trying to teach the students how to use voicemail, in my office it works fine(with an aastra 6731 phone)*98 extension password
on their land line phones get an error incorrect password. I was thinking that the tone may not be long enough for the system to register but
. it is getting the *98(or 999 or dialing a number)
not sure what else the difference would be between a system phone and a landline

thank you t
this forum rocks
Yosef Guttman

enable dtmf logging

ELI5 for future googlers.

Do steps 3/4 twice.

1 Like

You haven’t provided enough information, but I can think of two areas where I would look first:

1. Check your dialplan on the FXS interface and make sure that it allows *98extension. That shouldn’t make a difference based upon what you wrote, but it’s possible that you’ve misinterpreted what they told you, so it’s worth a look.

2. Check the TX gain and RX gain settings on the FXS interface. Sometimes, DTMF overdeviates and the distortion will cause the system not to decode the tones correctly.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.