Voicemail in body not attachment

I have a weird problem that I hope someone can help with. When a call terminates to an extension and there is no answer, it rolls to voicemail fine. The caller leaves a message and an email is sent to the user with the message attached properly, However, I have an inbound route that works like this:

Incoming route -> Ring group (No Answer) -> Announcement -> User Voicemail (no_msg) -> email to user

The extension is a normal user with the vm setup to send the message as an email attachment. However, when the email arrives, it looks like it is encoded in the message body. There are no attachments. Actually, the whole message body looks malformed. I don’t know html but it looks pretty screwy.

System is PIAF with most current FPBX 2.4.0 module set.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thunderheart

Since I just received one, I’ll post the top part of the email, where all the amusement comes from.

<head MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="----voicemail_2103278891187458377"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
------voicemail_2103278891187458377
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Fred Smith,

There is a new voicemail in mailbox xxx:

!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC -//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN

<head" Length: 0:31 seconds Date: Thursday, October 09, 2008 at 05:55:55 PM

Dial *98 to access your voicemail by phone.
Visit http://xxx/recordings/index.php to check your voicemail with a web browser.

------voicemail_2103278891187458377
Content-Type: audio/x-WAV; name="msg0002.WAV"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Description: Voicemail sound attachment.
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=“msg0002.WAV”

UklGRpLKAABXQVZFZm10IBQAAAAxAAEAQB8AAFkGAABBAAAAAg BAAWZhY3QEAAAAQOQDAGRh
dGFeygAAaKkfH4UigNSsiR1JK4CKSrLsrjJApNpSYvlVQJNYUa WWnjgiNtgGyG1bdynoBCpl
pFhS5QbadWSqTvYEuJXcqIXpqV0alwzAnjhNo/hKoGRVtnJnLkAmG5bchmsgXMOV25SWHCZO
4wI0SqW1hS0CyL1b15ZFAbbO5DiK5AbYra21TaqJnV41M2CpUr FzRS0go1syLVUuwFXnbp1X
L0BsOYrUlZYaJi7bBESt2EiSuwYmanazNa8CuHkUu2XQBEiTot aeKolfGmVOYFxIlZy0TYCr

Etc…

The email is not recognized as an email with an attachment.

We have had to start keeping the voice mails - rather than deleting them when the email is sent - because it happens very randomly - at least we don’t lose the voice mail that way.

Does anyone have any idea? For awhile, I thought it only happenedon voice mails that were less than 4 seconds long, but that does not seem to be the case after all.

Ned to see the whole e-mail in it’s raw native format. You can post it at pastebin and provide a link here if needed.

Butthere could be a hundred external reasons why it happened and without seeing the raw message and it’s headers it’s hard to determine the real cause.

I’ve seen mail servers between the sending system and the receiving screw things up, a strange code get inserted that your mail client does not like or understand, etc…

Did you ever figure this one out?

This is resolved in AsteriskNOW 1.7 I’m not sure what changed.

err, maybe not…it worked a couple of times then returned to ATT00001.txt attachements