Voicemail hints

Upgraded from 2.10 to 2.11. Did the upgrade specifically to get voicemail hints and assign a vmail BLF button.

From CLI, I do not see any vmail hints.

Do you have generate hints checked in advanced settings?

What distro are you using? As this is currently a feature of FreePBX 2.11 if your using the FreePBX Distro.

Under Advanced: Create Voicemail Hints = True.
Yes upgraded to 2.11 from 2.10.

In extensions_additional.conf, I see no app_dialvm hint lines that generate hints.

What is the output when you run module show like res_mwi_blf.so from the asterisk cli?

I dont think you are running the FreePBX Distro. What version of the FreePBX Distro are you using?

module show like res_mwi_blf.so

0 modules loaded

Cut and paste from Module Admin:

Backup & Restore 2.11.0.0 Schmoozecom.com Enabled
Blacklist 2.11.0.2 FreePBX Enabled
Bulk Phone Restart 2.10.0.4 Schmoozecom.com Enabled
CID Superfecta 2.11.3 POSSA Enabled
CallerID Lookup 2.11.1.6 FreePBX Enabled
Custom Applications 2.11.0.0 FreePBX Enabled
DUNDi Lookup Registry 2.10.0.1 FreePBX Enabled
Feature Code Admin 2.10.0.3 FreePBX Enabled
FreePBX ARI Framework 2.10.0.5 FreePBX Enabled
FreePBX FOP Framework 2.10.0.3 FreePBX Enabled
FreePBX Framework 2.11.0.8 FreePBX Enabled
FreePBX Localization Updates 2.10.0.0 FreePBX Enabled

upgraded from 2.10 to 2.11 yesterday.

I think you are confusing FreePBX with the FreePBX distro. What type of system is this running on?

This has nothing to do with FreePBX modules, res_mwi_blf.so is an Asterisk module installed by the distro.

If you don’t have the distro you will have to install the module (res_mwi_blf) yourself.

Started with the “2.210.62-6” FreePBX distro. Upgraded yesterday to 2.11 using module admin, thinking this would provide vmail hints.

Nope, always check the wiki, no real harm was done, you will get a few errors when you run the scrips when it tries to update FreePBX.

The proper procedure for upgrading is in the wiki:

http://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FD/Updating+FreePBX+Official+Distro

Thank you, guess I assumed the module upgrade took care of this. Ooops.
Would you go to 3.2 or 4.2?

Go to 3.2

Module admin only updates FreePBX modules, nothing Asterisk or system.

res_mwi_blf.so will not load on a generic install. At least it doesn’t for me. Exact same version of Asterisk and FreePBX as the distro. Both 32bit.

Thank you, SkykingOH,

I wouldn’t have thought to check that “Dynamically Generate Hints” was enabled. That did the trick for me!