Voicemail BLF for two mailboxes possible?

Is it possible to have two different BLF/MWI keys for different voice mail boxes?
This is such that the two different softkeys will light up if a new voicemail is received in their respective voicemail boxes?

I know there is an outstanding feature request to achieve this using REST Apps/Phone Apps (https://issues.freepbx.org/browse/FREEPBX-12158), so I’m trying to see if there might be somewhat of a workaround.

Depends on your phone. I use Chan-SCCP-B and Cisco phones almost exclusively and I can set any of the keys on the phone to monitor the hints used for any mail box I want.

Note that this is pedantically different than the question you asked (two mailboxes on the one BLF on the handset) but getting a phone to monitor more than one VM account is no harder than monitoring Day Mode.

If using PBXact or the FreePBX Distro there are BLF hints generated for your mailboxes. Program a BLF with *982001 to monitor mailbox of 2001. Alter the prefix you’ve changed it from the default in feature code admin.

Nice! I’ll give that a shot. Didn’t realize it would be that easy.

1 Like