Voicemail activation

yes it was created in endpoint manager its a Chan-sip extension.

https://pastebin.freepbx.org/view/567fda0a

Executing [*65@from-sip-external:1]

Problem #1 - Your phone is misconfigured. Inbound calls are being treated as anonymous instead of a registered peer.

Registration for '[email protected]' timed out

Problem #2 - your trunk is misconfigured, and it’s possible that your PBX IP has been banned by the provider for continuous failures.

can you help me fix it?

Do a reboot to ensure that Asterisk config is clean and then start here:
https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/PHON/Phones+Home

Everything you need to get Sangoma phones up and running is on those pages.

Watch System Admin, Intrusion Detection, the misconfigured phones will result in firewall bans if you’re not careful.

so reboot the server? how do i do it safely? just push the power button? or you mean erase the server and start over?

I was on that wiki site but its so much info and lots of it doesnt apply. it was very confusing to me to follow it.

so i tried to factory reset the s500 phone and get it so i can log back into it and its not factory reseting, it still has the extension number i originally assigned to it.

and the other phone im testing with is not giving me the login option

im so confused whats going on here.

No matter what i do I get The number you have dialed is not in service.

steward1:

i did the ping request and it works and returns, now its contining to ping and it wont stop… how do i stop it

Hold down Ctrl and press the c key.

I tried this link and it still doesnt work, where can i find info how to connect to vitelity and setting up trunks. and routes?

sed 's/vitelity/voyent/g'

what is that link, sorry im very new to this.

vitelity used to be a friendly economic vsp, they werer acquired by voyent, who are not so friendly or economic unless you are many thousands of minutes a month, grandfathered accounts persist for now but i suggest you find a better aligned vsp and port any voyent did’s over. Im sure it will save you time, money and hair if you move promptly.

who do you recommend?

I don’t. its a culture war, some are cheap, some hand hold, few do both. What’s your comfort level on these parameters? Save a buck and learn or spend a buck and use your time otherwisely productive (that’s a horrible word , if one at all :wink: )

i rather spend for good service, whats your thoughts on sipstation?

On first blush, very expensive, but I have never directly used then. if you can still do ‘sums’ , almost always paying per minute at less than $.005/per/minute in and out will be cheaper

who do you use? are they easy to set up? apparently i cant get freepbx to register with vitelity is my problem. also it says my phone is anonomus for some reason, ive following the directions 3 times and still getting no where. wish i could get some help.

here is my error im getting:

[2020-07-12 02:47:28] WARNING[6306] res_pjsip_registrar.c: Endpoint ‘anonymous’ has no configured AORs
[2020-07-12 02:47:46] ERROR[12625] chan_sip.c: Serious Network Trouble; __sip_xmit returns error for pkt data
[2020-07-12 02:47:46] NOTICE[12625] chan_sip.c: – Registration for ‘[email protected]’ timed out, trying again (Attempt #17)